• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Flintlock Jukar pistol.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Boylan

45 Cal.
Reaction score
This is my second flintlock. I figured I had the rifle so I should get a pistol to go with it. I know there is some smack talk about the jukars, but it's a really well made one and sparks like a champ. It's in .45, the same caliber as my rifle.

IMG_20150110_150657393_HDR_zpsjbqlcz7a.jpg
[/URL][/img]

IMG_20150110_150648164_HDR_zps3ufo3fkp.jpg
[/URL][/img]

IMG_20150110_213019_zpsugkds6er.jpg
[/URL][/img]

It's a very solid gun. It points naturally for my hand. I can point it at what ever target I determine and when I check the sights are right on target.

Nice thing is it takes the same size round and flints as my Pedersoli rifle.

Had one just like it, even .45, back in 1978 when I was young n dumb. It was a hoot, cant recall who traded me outta it for what. However at that time in my life I probably dont wanna know either! :redface:

I've had 3 or 4 various percussion jukars, i thought they were junk at first. I came to like them in spite of my initial bias and now have 2 i consider indispensable.. a little Philadelphia Derringer and the 10" barrelled Kentucky. They are early and mid seventies pistols and so are getting to be classics imho..
Neat thing too about these guns are how many come to us enthusiasts as unfired.. yours looks to be like new. Congrats on a very nice pistol.

That is one of the early models made before 1981. The locks were changed in the early 1980;s. Not really better just a different shape. The comparable year percussion models came with a bolster breech plug instead of a drum and nipple.

The same locks and change over occurred with the CVA Tower pistols during the early 1989's

I got one years ago just like it. $15 at a gun show. I figured if nothing else, it was worth it for the parts. Someone put it together and shot it in the white and left it that way. It actually cleaned up nice and fired good but that's before I knew it wasn't suppose to.

Kind of like a bumble bee isn't supposed to be able to fly but since nobody told it that it can't fly it does it anyway. :hatsoff:

I always figured that the CVA and the Jukar were the same gun. Just sold by different companies.

Nice looking pistol. I have a CVA frontier I bought in the early 80's as a factory assembled gun. It wasn't a kit like my other CVA rifles are. It's a percussion unfortunatly. I'd like to get a flintlock pistol. I'll have to get a photo of it to post.

I am wondering if the Jukar makers also made guns for CVA. They sure look like some of the guns sold under the CVA name.

I own a CVA Hawken model in .50 and it's a great shooter. It's a caplock and was the second black powder gun I ever bought. Still have it and still enjoy it. It's hanging over my fireplace most of the time. I need to get it down and put a few balls down range.

They(Jukar) made guns for both Traditions and CVA at one time as well as other dealers. CVA put their name on them eventually. I don't knw who does Traditions now but CVA is out of the tradition rifle business now.

I have one that was giving to me. I need to put it together.I think I'm missing a piece that holds the barrel.Will be fun to shoot when I'm done.

Back