• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mr Chuck Dixon a Giant

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bldtrailer

Pilgrim
Reaction score
This was posted on Dixon Muzzleloaders Facebook page this morning.Chuck was a legend who is responsible for many of us doing what we do............................

"It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of our patriarch, Charles "Chuck" Dixon Sr. He passed away on Thursday, December 30th, 2021. He was 85 years old.
We ask for privacy for the family at this time."

Mr. Dixon was a kind person as is the rest of his family. I shopped there many times since the late 90's and he was a wealth of information on muzzleloading! My condolences to the family! Ed Reiss

He was a terrific person as is his entire family. I’ve been a customer for several years and he will be greatly missed. He always had time to talk to anyone. Chuck was a very knowledgeable and kind man. R.I.P.

I have a Chuck story to share. About 18-19 years ago, We had driven to a military base to pick up some surplus vehicles. I worked for the town of hempstead on Long Island. I said to the driver on the way back I wanted to stop at Dixons.
Well it was Wednesday and they were closed. So I’m standing there, nose pressed against the door looking all bummed out. Chuck came to the door, can I help you? I explained we were driving home and stopped not realizing they were closed.
Without hesitation he opened the door flipped on the lights and said come in.
i never forgot that.
A true gentleman

He helped me put together a kit to build a .32 Bedford Co. rifle years ago, my first try at building a gun, later his son did some engraving on it. He was a true gentleman, RIP Chuck.

Dixon Muzzleloading Shop has been a staple of my travels for well over thirty years. Chuck was always willing to share information and guidance as well as an encouraging point of view. Greg and Brenda also exibit the same nuance as did Chuck, which made the transition to the "new regime" so seamless. Great shop with great experiences. We would be nowhere in this "Hobby" without without the support of people such as this! Chuck will be greatly missed!

I visited Dixon's Muzzleloading Shop many times. Many parts were bought when I first started building m/l rifles and pistols. A great help was the purchase of Chuck's book "The Art of Building the Pennsylvania Longrifle". I still refer to it.
On one visit to the shop, Chuck took one of his schimmels off the wall and handed it to me. I was surprised at the light weight. In comparison, my rifles are much heavier or so it seems.
Mr. Dixon will be missed by all who knew him. RIP Mr. Dixon.

I saw this yesterday. It is sad news. Chuck tolerated fools like me, first as an amazed teen gawking at the guns hanging from the ceiling, later as a 20-something who just got a "new Hawkins" and now needed "everything to make it work." I didn't have anyone to show me black powder shooting, so I'd learn by doing and messing up. I'd show up with a problem and the gun, poke my head in and ask if I could bring it in, and they'd hand me a new flint because my other was too dull, maybe patiently tell me the lock was sticking because I over tightened my lock screws, or any number of things that I didn't know but was causing me a problem. Greg has been as equally patient and helpful over the years. From load data, to gear/accouterments, or even just random questions, Chuck and Greg have always been invaluable.
Mr. Chuck Dixon is legendary, will be sorely missed, and left a great and influential trail as he moved through this life. Mr. Greg Dixon has my prayer as he no doubt grieves. He continues to cut that trail his father began.
Godspeed Mr. Dixon, and peace to those you've left behind. You and yours are a rare breed.

The community is greatly diminished. We shall all remember such a great person.
Looking at my perc Lancaster I believe it to be even more special than a simple rifle.
Being injured at the time and unable to use my hands I rode up with a friend who wanted some supplies.
I got to meet Chuck, chat, bought his book, and parts. I asked if the shop could put the parts together into a rifle - and he said ok. It's still my treasure. Now even more so.

Back