• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mountain Man series

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made 4000.00 in Maine in 1989. I was 17, bought my first truck cash. Of course fur prices plummeted and I left for the army the next year. I blame Bob Barker. :cursing: Every show on tv now is an unreal reality show.

Runs into trees, wrecks his sled,loses his glasses,blind without them and is flying to and from,cant catch animals,breaksdown ,,,yea dont want to winter over with him.
and "Useless" just weird,,,"short term memory" appeares to be poor!!!!

It's the best comedy show on the boob tube. What could Usless do even if he caught someone trespassing on his land. He's not the law and the real law will not wast their time watching his land.He has no athority even if he owns the land. You can't shoot some one for trespassing. not these days any way.

It's the best comedy show on the boob tube.

Mort Scott said:
It's the best comedy show on the boob tube. What could Usless do even if he caught someone trespassing on his land. He's not the law and the real law will not wast their time watching his land.He has no athority even if he owns the land. You can't shoot some one for trespassing. not these days any way.

Better check the state you're trespassing in before you test that theory. Happens quite a lot here in CO

It's the best comedy show on the boob tube.

Its just the usual manure they put on tv these days. The city folk that don't have a clue think its neat and are loving the show, while most of us here know its a joke. That guy from Alaska, if he only got 4K for his pelts is going to go hungry. "Useless" is a fraud and you can plainly see that by going to his website.

Yes it is a shame they didn't make a better show of it. I think the script writers probably asked the subjects about dramatic moments and how they could work them into the show. Tom & Marty probably mentioned that they have had some trouble from bears, as many who live in the rural west have had, and they play that up, blowing the danger way out of proportion. Eustaces's tense moments were an argument with a hunter and having to pay a law suit so they totally scripted and reenacted those adventures as if they were present time and with a few extra dramatic flourishes like doing it all on horseback. :haha:
I'll bet his website is collecting donations to "save Eustaces's land" which never was in danger. Wonder if he could be charged with fraud? Seems like somebody should be. :haha:

Better to watch the 1992 National Geographic Special "Braving Alaska". Better than the whole "Mountain Man" series. People in this were truely out there!

Its all hollywood..no surprise. they film a few folks for a while and edit into some drama someone in hollywood thinks the sheeple will watch. I live about 15 mins from where "Jersey shore" is filmed. The locals do not sound, talk, or act like that at all. Thats a small segment from just outside NYC. Right where the "sopranos" and such are. That Is in No way a representation of the "jersey shore" thats just what we have to deal with every summer. A vast majority of houses along the beach are rentals, getting about double weekly all summer that they rent for monthly all winter. A lot of them are just rented for 9-10 weeks per summer, which almost pays the mortgage and taxes for the year. Lots of buisnesses are only seasonal, its two totally different places winter and summer. but people are making money, so a bit of editing and Viola.. a new cash cow is born. If they can do a season or two, they have a job, now the search for some new Idea or spinoff.. The Real Housewives of Podunk Kentucky go Dancing with the stars down hollywood Blvd, swap spouses and get voted off the island... :youcrazy: but someones making a paycheck.. :blah:

Back