• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Moroccan Snaphaunce

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Wulf. Shooting from the chest is one school of thought. If you try this, even with the gun's light weight, it's very awkward. Another is that the butt stock would sit flat on the ground while loading from horseback. I don't believe this one either. The gun would have to be even longer to load from horseback, much less a camel. Although I've seen one with a 60" barrel. No, I believe the butt style was simply an aid to carry under the arm pit while riding. But even the top experts with these guns don't know for sure. Just another mystery of these strange guns. Rick.

a 12" lop is not impossible to shoot.. I do not find it bad at all really. Keep your head up and push your shoulder forward to meet the butt of the gun :thumbsup: if you seat the gun to the shoulder and then lower your head your nose will be touching your thumb.. :haha:

The Berber's are also in Morrocco, and the story goes that they load their rifles, ride their camels as hard as they can all abreast, and when they get to the end of the fiels, they shoot their guns into the air, reload and do it all over again. In that scenario, LOP doesn't matter. The rifle never goes to their shoulder, as they shoot with the rifle high above their heads with their arms extended.

Latest posts

Back