• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Morko Lodbossa The Final Solution

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW ! What a History lesson. Thank you very much.
Your work is appreciated.
Wulf

Very nice page and all, but what does it say on the pipe then? I guess i missed that part where you actually tell the reader what it says?

If you mean barrel ("pipe"?), I have only offered the pieces dedication (in part) to Odin. I have supplied the mechanics necessary for deciphering the black letter minuscule script.

I didn't have the inclination to continue. Why should I hog all of the fun. I believe in sharing the aspect of discovery. Be my guest.

I am now immersed in the final chapter of another 500 year old object. The project which happens to be wholly Swedish in nature, was begun by me 6 years ago.

I will be thrilled to read the continuation of the Morko translation, should you or anyone else take the years necessary to do so.

I found the Morko project be more rewarding than watching TV; one of which, I do not own.

rrc

I though I should explain the meaning and translate the title for those who are passing it up. "Lod" is lead

Luzur,
It has been 2 weeks. Have you added to it yet? I'm anxious to read your translation of "the pipe". I am now in the middle of a project, i.e. building a 17th c. Swedish cannon. I hope to have it finished by our Thanksgiving Day. Then if you are still stuck, I may be able to turn my attention to helping you. Until then, keep plugging away. What you have before you, only took me three (3) years to do.

Richard a.k.a.Morko

Indeed! He makes a scale cannon replica that is a museum quality work of art...

Yes Sir. And I was showing off the Morkos you've made and envisioning one of your scale art'y tubes.

; )

Very cool project. Oh, I had heard about the extinct bulls before. I saw a show about them. It was called " Hitler's jurassic Monsters". They attempted to bring the beast back in Poland.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/18/hitlers-jurassic-monsters-sheds-new-light-on-the-nazis-terrifying-vision-for-the-future-4765740/

Thank you "Dyemaker" for your contribution. It was news to me. I brought-up You-Tube on my computer, where there is a wealth of documentaries and old shows that people have taped. I entered That shows title and it is offered. That will give be something intelligent to view tonight. I don't have TV.

What already comes to mind, courtesy of my wife, is the impossibility for the Nazis to correctly breed back. They would have needed DNA which was not a science during their era but the Polish scientists now have it available.

I am looking forward to viewing the show. Thank you very much for posting.

Richard a.k.a. Morko & GB's The Lion's Paw

Huh? I had no idea i had homework :p

And no, since its not a flintlock it is kinda interesting piece of history but not interesting enough for me, but still a complete translation of the text around the barrel(sorry, i type swedish sometimes but: Pipe/barrel = Pipa in swedish)would be nice since even as a Swede im not well rehearsed in old Norse.

Gary said the image looks like something that he sent to another customer. I believe you wrote telling me that you couldn't tell me where the image came from. That puzzled both Gary and myself.

Back