• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mo deer season is over.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howdydoit

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well subject says it all. Its over and nothing to show for it. I guess thats why its called hunting and not shooting.

Grats to all the hunters that bag some game this year.

no regrets this was my sons 1st year and we had plenty of time together with Mother Nature. :grin:

over here in PA we gots the dec 26th to jan 13th flintlock season just under 3 weeks long, hope to fill my two tags i have :v .............bob

howdy, there's the late anterless season coming up. It's around the 1st of January for about 2/3 of the state.

I tagged a smallish 10 pointer with my 54 flinter during regular rifle season. I didn't see anything I wanted to shoot during ML season. Now I'm back in the woods with my longbow.

Vic

Saw four in the woods in 21 days. Still a great season. Time for squirrel hunting!

howdydoit said:
Well subject says it all. Its over and nothing to show for it. I guess thats why its called hunting and not shooting.

You have this all wrong - deer season is never over ... you have just started the 9 month scouting season thats all :rotf:.

I had a year like that last year, didn't get out into the woods enough, work kept getting in the way, an acorn drop the likes of which I have never seen - all worked against me. The season ended up with my daughter (10 years old), getting a nice doe, Dad - nothing! Made up for it this year.

Good luck scouting!

Sharps

that late doe season just ended. It ended sunday. Now its just archery until Jan 15.

sharps4590 said:
howdy, there's the late anterless season coming up. It's around the 1st of January for about 2/3 of the state.

I tagged a smallish 10 pointer with my 54 flinter during regular rifle season. I didn't see anything I wanted to shoot during ML season. Now I'm back in the woods with my longbow.

Vic

I didn't see ANYTHING, during Muzzleloader Season. I got a doe during 1st weekend of regular season, a fork horn during 2nd weekend regular season,(also 1st weekend of Muzzleloader) but never saw a thing during Muzzleloader only season.
In Illinois, this year, we can use any unused tags during late season , Jan. 12,13,14 , for antlerless only. :blah:
I still have my 2 muzzleloader tags left. :thumbsup:

No deer for me either....

Didn't get out as much as I wanted, and it's been to darn warm around here (high 40's - high 50's).

Better luck next year.....

Legion

Well what I like about Missouri you can make meat with your Smokepole 10 months of the year.

Use to be you had few Deer and no Turkeys.But still had plenty of Small Game.

Me I got two Deer with Bow and one with the Smokepole.And my Wife got one.

But next year its going to change.I'm just going to buy regular Archery Tag and get my Landowners Tag,shoot the first thing that sticks its Head out and call it good.

oneshot

Yea howdy....I learned that yesterday when I asked a friend if he was going in January. He ask me "where"? Obviously I missed that they changed the season. Good thing I didn't try to go!!!!

Vic

no doubt
It would be hard to explain to the conservation officer why you call the last deer in. :rotf: :blah: :nono:

XMAS003deer.jpg

Easy .. its XMas time! :hmm: :thumbsup:

Davy

Back