• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Mariner’s Astrolabe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Copy of a Spanish astrolabe. I made the molds and cast these. I got the drawings from Mel Fisher’s archeologist years ago. Authentic ones are pretty much priceless and I was always fascinated with them.
$400.00 plus $20.00 USPS shipping to the US only. It is heavy.
Payment by Paypal Friends and Family or USPS money order.

Attachments

• IMG_9369.jpeg
    IMG_9369.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9370.jpeg
    IMG_9370.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9373.jpeg
    IMG_9373.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Copy of a Spanish astrolabe. I made the molds and cast these. I got the drawings from Mel Fisher’s archeologist years ago. Authentic ones are pretty much priceless and I was always fascinated with them.
Absolutely amazing! Great attention to detail. Do you know how to use it?

This is thought to be Champlain's astrolabe?

Attachments

• Champlain's Astrolabe.jpg
    Champlain's Astrolabe.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 0
A pretty famous astrolabe for sure. I believe it was found in the woods of Ontario. It is a Canadian National Treasure. It is also one that hasn’t been corroded away by the effects of salt water and time.

My version is a rough copy of one of about a half dozen found on the Atocha. I believe they designated them by number and mine may be #6.

Last edited:
A pretty famous astrolabe for sure. I believe it was found in the woods of Ontario. It is a Canadian National Treasure. It is also one that hasn’t been corroded away by the effects of salt water and time.
I’ll bet someone got their _ss chewed for losing that thing in the woods long ago, unless the person carrying it was killed by the Indians or white criminals.

Latest posts

Back