• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Maine made BRJ Flintlocks.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nit wit

.69 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a line on 2 BRJ flintlocks. I sold one for a deceased friends family last year, turned a friend onto one from another friend. I won one many years ago and foolishly sold it! I bought a .54 cal BRJ a few years back. Years ago I sold one for a friend to a famous South African Taxidimist Rodney Kretschmar. I held two yesterday afternoon, I'm holding off but it's hard, folks don't give them up until they die or can't use them anymore. Bruce R Jones was a shooter and builder from Friendship Maine. I shot with him at the Eye Of The Hawk in Hope Maine many years ago. A truly nice man and Master Craftsman. I don't believe he is still alive.
Nit Wit

Any pictures?
Believe me, these are great. Bruce got $1850.00any years ago. These are less, I am not selling, just helping out a friend, I didn't take my check book or I would have owned the .45 cal. With what's selling here, I would value them at $2500.00 each. You know me, I don't BS. The owner was a highly competitive National shooter. These are better than my .54, but I killed a hog with my .54.
Nit Wit

This is the one I bought, a copy of a rifle found in a home in Boston. The original was featured on the cover of Muzzle blasts. The rifle is a .50 cal and was built in 1995. Pardon the drool!
Nit Wit

Attachments

• thumbnail_20240105_074909.jpg
    thumbnail_20240105_074909.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_20240105_075012.jpg
    thumbnail_20240105_075012.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 0
Back