• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

made meat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey buddy, you are in a great unit, check out snowmass peak, get up high away from the 4 wheelers.
:thumbsup:

Snow Mass peak? We will look for it, thanks! We sure wore out the shoe leather trying to do just that! Just could not get away from the "other" Pumpkins!! I almost smoked a Bowhunter, he was talking purdy when he stepped out of the early morning timber making cow talk. Good thing I make sure of my target before I touch off the old rifle. Just TOO MANY people!!

Congrats again, You are one lucky man. And I am one gealous man. Anyhow if you don't mind me asking what kind of barrel is on your rifle? I havn't heard of a .54 in a 7/8" barrel. Is it a custom or did someone get happy with a file? Bet it's nice and light. Thanks Dew

I've never been elk hunting but I am curious: What is that you are holding in your hand?

Congratulations. I enjoyed the pictures and the story.

Thank you.
Outdoorman

outdoorman said:
I've never been elk hunting but I am curious: What is that you are holding in your hand?

Thank you.
Outdoorman

A Cup. :rotf:

Sorry, the other photo.........Ivories (spelling?) Elk Ivories..& nice ones :thumbsup:

Well shoot:(, not to good a photo, but these are average size Ivory. About 1/3 smaller then the ones he has.

Britsmoothy said:
Them there collies, they fetch a high price over here, especially good sheep workers. Are they high dollar over there?

B.

Oh yeah, but I guess it depends on what you call a high price. The really good ones from a good line go right up the scale.

You have to keep your eye on an exceptional cow dog with a strong rep in a region. Next thing you know, it's going to disappear. There's quite a trapline for stolen collies up and down the length of cow country. If yours disappears in Colorado, you won't find it in the next town. Overnight it's going to become a resident of Wyoming or New Mexico.

BrownBear said:
Britsmoothy said:
Them there collies, they fetch a high price over here, especially good sheep workers. Are they high dollar over there?

B.

Oh yeah, but I guess it depends on what you call a high price. The really good ones from a good line go right up the scale.

You have to keep your eye on an exceptional cow dog with a strong rep in a region. Next thing you know, it's going to disappear. There's quite a trapline for stolen collies up and down the length of cow country. If yours disappears in Colorado, you won't find it in the next town. Overnight it's going to become a resident of Wyoming or New Mexico.

:td: :hatsoff:

Love your pics Great looking Dogs , I have one of those that is part Lab,smartest FRIEND I ever had.They would probly round a big Elk up for you ,they are so Loyal.

Back