• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Longhunters Knife & Makers Mark

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently acquired this 14" Longhunters knife in a trade for a bag I made and I'm trying to ID the maker of this by the touch mark, any help is appreciated, thanks, Jim

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    406.7 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the tip but I don't do FB
Then you have denied yourself and lost an available resource.
It's the 21st Century.
p.s. the touch mark is the capitol letter D stamp, a stamp that can be found in about a gazillion places, like FB market place, Craigslist, amazon and eBay, good luck with your search.

Then you have denied yourself and lost an available resource.
It's the 21st Century.
p.s. the touch mark is the capitol letter D stamp, a stamp that can be found in about a gazillion places, like FB market place, Craigslist, amazon and eBay, good luck with your search.
after the last social infection of my late PC by following pages on FB, it was the last time, thus screw FB

Yeah, well viral infection is possible,, here's a hint,, don't click those link's,, use trusted scanning tools daily.
Again, it's the 21st century.
Good luck with your quest for the makers mark, "capitol letter D stamp."

Beaverman2,
There was a guy who made hand forged knives and hawks. He used to post them for sale on a now defunct 18th century site about 12-15 years ago. His name was Jeff Davis and he stamped his wares with a JD, or with just a D. The stamps changed a few times. I had several of his pieces. That knife of yours looks like his stuff.

Beaverman2,
There was a guy who made hand forged knives and hawks. He used to post them for sale on a now defunct 18th century site about 12-15 years ago. His name was Jeff Davis and he stamped his wares with a JD, or with just a D. The stamps changed a few times. I had several of his pieces. That knife of yours looks like his stuff.
Thanks for the info, do you know where he was located?

Back then I knew where he was from from his return address on the knives I bought from him. I did not save any of that info and I don’t remember where he said he was from. Sorry, it’s been a long time.

Latest posts

Back