• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Left hand Bucks Co. patch box

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hangfire1755

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I think some of you might be interested in this. It's a left hand patch box that I am working on now, it's after an original from a Shuler rifle.

MVC-007S.jpg

This is the kick open spring.

MVC-006S.jpg

MVC-005S.jpg

The release button is the finial of the toe plate, which is hollow underneath to that acts like a spring for the push rod.

MVC-008S.jpg

Nice neat job on the PBox and a "unique" opener spring. Thought about the spring toe plate {PC correct} for the push rod release, but never do it because the last 4 Bucks County LRs were sold and I'm afraid the customers will deform the toe plate. Of course the toe plate travel could be limited by the inlet depth. Just might try it on the present build. The opener leaf spring I make runs parallel w/ the hinge so it doesn't protrude into the cavity a whole lot. The present build is the 5th Bucks County LR and the first was similar to the Shuler, #64 in RCA 1 and on the other four, #65 in RCA 1 was used for a model. Am thinking that the PBox on the Weiker {#62, RCA 1} would be on this next one. Again, very nice work! :bow: ....Fred

Nice I like yours the best. Very good. thanks for showing, never seen one. Dilly

Your photo is greatly appreciated because I don't have the opportunity to see details of Bucks County LRs. Looked at the photos in RCA 1 and couldn't see the lid latch pins in the "normal" locations and was puzzled. Also wondered how the push rod was located to the opposite side from the hinge. Thanks again....Fred

Back