• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kentucky Pistol accuracy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I recall, about the fastest ignition time I've heard of with a flintlock is about .03 seconds after the sear was released.

The fastest ignition time I've heard of for a Percussion gun was about .01 seconds.

A good match grade cartridge pistol will fire in less than .003 seconds.

This leads me to believe that practicing follow thru with any muzzleloading pistol is an excellent bit of advice.

Well, everyone has their favorite loads, I've settled on 20 grains of FFF, pillowticking patch and a .440 ball.

If you're CVA Kentucky is a caplock, like mine, I picked up some hard rubber dome washers from the hardware store. IRRC, 0 or 00 will fit the percussion nipple and allow for lots of dryfiring practice. It took me a while to keep steady with the hammer falling, but it comes with practice.

Always practice one handed is what one expert pistolero told me and keep the trigger as light as you feel comfortable with. The adjustable sear in the CVA makes for fine tuning.

Keep practicing, it'll come.

For a flinter, you can put those big pink rectangular pencil erasers in the jaws for dryfire practice. Just trim it down 'til it is roughly flint-sized.

Back