• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

July 1st Blackpowder Russian Boar

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huntin Dawg said:
If that's a 1,000 pound boar then the truck that made them tracks by it must be HUGE.

HD

What tracks? :wink:

BoarWorkingCopy.jpg

sweeeeet... if you don't mind I am saving it as a jpg and sending it to some hunting buddies just to get their reaction.... I bet they will say---"How's the best way to start MUZZLEloading!?"
:rotf: :thumbsup:

Zoar said:
sweeeeet... if you don't mind I am saving it as a jpg and sending it to some hunting buddies just to get their reaction.... I bet they will say---"How's the best way to start MUZZLEloading!?"
:rotf: :thumbsup:

Crop out the tire tracks and background vegetation so there is nothing to scale it to.
:haha:
HD

Zoar said:
Tracks have been cropped out.

Let's see it when you're done.

Hey Mountainman56, I bet you didn't think your hog would entertain everybody so much did you?

Goes to show how dang bored we all are without any hunting to do ourselves.

HD

I have a "west Texas" hog hunt planned in Martin County in a couple of weeks I better get a bigger rifle.

Well done! Nice hog. :thumbsup: We ain't got them piggies 'round these parts, but I'd like to go after them someday. I'm sure a .60 prb should knock the air outta one! :hmm: Got a pal in OK who knows where some are, so it might just happen there.

Great story and a real nice hog! :thumbsup: Grats!

Oh yeah... you're fired. :blah: :rotf:

Nice photoshop work Claude. :rotf: I got a feeling that I'm gonna get an e-mail in a couple of months about the new world-record, man-eating, giant wild boar that was killed with a muzzleloader. :shake: :haha:

Gongrats on a good hunt and nice trophy MM. a shot hitting high on the shoulder means going through the very tough 'gristle plate' hide along the upper neck and back and also underlying bone. the fact that it did keel over is a testament to the stopping power of a .50 PRB. I've been working with REAL slugs in my .50 for hopefully that same opportunity.

I shot a big, dry sow with a .58 round ball, 90gr.of 2f at about 40 yards. She was quartered away from me just a little. I found the ball in the skin just behind her ribs on the opposite side. She still ran off, even with both lungs turned to puddin. Hogs are tough. I might try a minnie next chance I get.

I dont wanta be a stick in the mud sir, but it seems to me, seeing him laying there dead and all that, that penetration was just fine.

Micanopy said:
I dont wanta be a stick in the mud sir, but it seems to me, seeing him laying there dead and all that, that penetration was just fine.

I don't think mountainman was too thrilled he had to go into the thicket looking for the critter. If the ball had penetrated deeper the porker might have perished faster eliminating the need for tracking. Our primary concern as hunters should be to dispatch our quarry as quickly and humanely as possible so we need to be sure we're not under gunned.

:2

HD

Micanopy said:

Hahaha......good point. I should stop sniveling. A few mesquite scratches (actually I came out of the brush looking like I'd lost a cougar fight) and a few minutes of nerves in the red zone were worth it. I'd take the same shot with the same rifle today if I had the chance.

Looks like a nice one to me. About how much does it weigh? (maybe I missed it in one of the posts. I have a friend who is going to winter in Texas this winter, a friend of his wants to go down and visit this winter and go hog hunting, I can't pass up this opportunity to mess with them a bit, I am going to show them a picture with the downsized rifle first, and really get them going, probably up to the point till they start to wonder if they really think hunting these is such a good idea, then I will show them the real picture. I think when I show them the first picture,I will add to the hunting story though. Thanks for sharing this. flinch

Back