• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It's Got Wessonality

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went over the gun. Swabbed chamber. Just some oil. QTip in bolster, just a little cap residue. Photographed breech end of barrel, all sides with wood off, flawless. Any future "failure" of rifle would require methods well outside recognized safe muzzleloader practices and a forensic survey if the carcass would bear that out. I don't think the little weasel has that in him. I already pointed out his legally binding bids, as well as the legal meaning of libel, should he use the Feedback section to spread lies. I'm at that stage in life where I have the time and resources to make him pay-literally-for such rash and irresponsible action.

But the question is, quality aside, did you consider it dangerous or did you hear they were dangerous? Lots of POS guns out there that aren't dangerous.

IIRC, the breech was steel rather than aluminum; could be mistaken but that's what I recall. Overall it was quite acceptable but the darn barrel was bored off-center. At the muzzle one side of the barrel was rather thin while the other wall on the opposite side was thick. This wasn't just a tad but very noticeable. Not a real disappointment since my real interest was the longrifle.

There was a replica Wesson rifle, made in Italy, marked Richland Arms - it had a steel case hardened frame. Maybe the buyer thought that's what he was getting.
1624056217329.png

There was a replica Wesson rifle, made in Italy, marked Richland Arms - it had a steel case hardened frame. Maybe the buyer thought that's what he was getting. View attachment 81824
I have seen those. But they look very different and go for 2-3 times what this model does. That one also used a false muzzle.

I have had one of these since the 80's . I have seen them with the false muzzle but mine was not built for one . Mine is a .50 and an absolute tack driver .

As far as the alloy framed rifle is concerned there should be no safety issue as long as the breech plug is steel . Didn't TC make an alloy framed rifle at one time ? A scout I think it was called . Looked like the target pistols my pap and Bob Tingle made with a rifle length barrel and rifle stock and fore end rather than a colt style pistol grip.

I didn't see your auction on GB but I believe I did see this rifle listed in the sale section , listed as being an aluminum alloy framed rifle . If you listed it the same way on GB the buyer has no reason to kick as he was
warned .

Last edited:
I have had one of these since the 80's . I have seen them with the false muzzle but mine was not built for one . Mine is a .50 and an absolute tack driver .

As far as the alloy framed rifle is concerned there should be no safety issue as long as the breech plug is steel . Didn't TC make an alloy framed rifle at one time ? A scout I think it was called . Looked like the target pistols my pap and Bob Tingle made with a rifle length barrel and rifle stock and fore end rather than a colt style pistol grip.

I didn't see your auction on GB but I believe I did see this rifle listed in the sale section , listed as being an aluminum alloy framed rifle . If you listed it the same way on GB the buyer has no reason to kick as he was
warned .
The GB ad just said alloy receiver, as I was unsure. If you smashed the receiver off, you would essentially have a barrel that could be fitted into a wooden stock, with some mods.Photo of innards.
IMG_20210618_114235847.jpg

The OP hasn't listed a manufacturer/brand name but it doesn't look like it ever bore the Richland logo. We can only assume that barrel was made by the gun manufacturer and proofed and it's unlikely we'll ever know what it was made from.

Latest posts

Back