• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ithaca Hawkens

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadHorse

45 Cal.
Reaction score
you know you have a great friend when for your birthday they give you a rare Ithaca Hawkens for your birthday! from what i understand, and looking at alot of pics of the Kit Carson gun, which this is coppied from, this is concidered a replica. and its damned close! it really is!
ithaca003.jpg

ithaca007.jpg

My birthday is in November but an early surprise would be nice!

Beautiful hawken and Happy B-day!

Steve

PS-wait a minute! I just gave myself a Jon Browning Mountain Rifle who am I to beg for more? :youcrazy:

I think one needs to have a collection of all the Hawkens. You know, Browning, GPR, Ithaca, Santa Fe, Pederosoli, etc.

We are very fortunate to be in this time and place, though a little late.
To see the multitude of the various recreations of the many fine rifles of yesteryear, and have them reasonably affordable.
Many of these (reproductions) recreations have already started to appreciate in price, and most likely will never be made again in numbers.
Examples like Browning, Santa Fe, Ithaca, and others.
So every time I see one come up for sale, I try to convince myself that I only need one more rifle.
Best Regards
Old Ford

That is a friend worth keeping around :thumbsup:

That rifle is one of the best looking production guns ever produced, and about the only one I have not owned yet! :hmm:

from what i understand they copied Kit Carson's gun, and from what i can tell the only difference is that it doesnt have the angled breech/tang set up like the original, and it has a clean out allen set screw on the left side. otherwise its perfect! its a wonderfully built gun from what i can tell, and i dont think i would change anything! any of you that has owned, and, or shot them i would love to hear your thoughts on then.

That is a nice lookin' rifle...enjoy your B-Day present!!! :thumbsup:

Very very nice set. :bow: :bow:
I know you had a great Birthday and have many more! :v
Dusty :wink:

it was a great birthday! and that ithaca is a real tack driver!took it shooting, and at 75 yards off hand, i was hitting a steel 6" spinner, over and over! love this rifle! it shoots better than i do!
itthaca003.jpg

itthaca005.jpg

Back