• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Isaac Haines Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveT

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi Steve in Iowa, new member, have been shooing black power since 1975. Usually reproduction. Older friend is downsizing his collection. Bought a reproduction Tower (Japan) and a reproduction 1863 .58 cal (Italy). At the end of the evening he gave me a old Penn rifle. Did not really look at it till the next morning. On the rear of the barrel was carved I. Haines, looked him up on the internet. Wow! Rifle is in rough shape, NRA Poor. Went to Rock Island Auction on Monday and looked at 18 lots of Long Rifles, it most looks like Rifle in Lot 6086 made by J. S. Estimate $2,000 to $3,000 sold for $3,250. Talked to the folks in the back room, they said it was the real deal. Seth had a copy of "Behold the Long Rifle" but it was at his home. So, I bought one off E-Bay should arrive next Thursday. This one needs a lock, trigger group, rear sight, stock cap and converted back to flintlock. Friend can not remember where or when he bought it. Need to go through his ammo can to see if he has any of the missing parts. Trying to post photos. I do not think that worked. My plan is to have it converted back to flintlock and have the missing parts replaced with reproduction parts.

Welcome Steve!

Sounds awesome, but I gotta say it:

E0561E9F-B064-4086-BE00-2BC2E5D6E24C.jpeg

Latest posts

Back