• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Inletting / fitting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a YouTuber who I believe had a name of RayBilly or something like that who ordered parts and or material and cranked out muzzleloaders. One of this series was some 46 or so videos about 30 to 45 minutes each. They had every detail in there and I wish I could watch them again. He got a strike from YouTube and decided to delete all his videos except one telling people what platform he was moving to. Cannot find any information on him now but man were those videos great.
BillRaby might be who you are thinking of and if so he is on Rumble now with all those video series.

You have a good plan, I wonder if setting the radius from the side plate panel back to reduce that pocket would help?
Using saw dust in that large a gap generally looks shoddy but a thin slice of wood stained and glued can blend rather well.
Thanks. Regarding staining a thin slide of wood, I've tried the stain matching when repairing the "gently broken" furniture my wife insists on buying from the furniture store for a discount. Sometimes I'm good, sometimes not.

BillRaby might be who you are thinking of and if so he is on Rumble now with all those video series.
Thanks. Guy had a tremendous beard, bald head, and said his wife complains about the noise so he has to stop at 10 pm. Videos were extremely informative even if it was a different rifle style. I'll have to take a look.

Thanks. Guy had a tremendous beard, bald head, and said his wife complains about the noise so he has to stop at 10 pm. Videos were extremely informative even if it was a different rifle style. I'll have to take a look.
Yep we're talking about the same fellow then. He posts on this site with links to his videos. You can search him up, uses BillRaby as his username I believe.

Yep we're talking about the same fellow then. He posts on this site with links to his videos. You can search him up, uses BillRaby as his username I believe.
Thank you again. Found his videos. Quickly looked at one and he was talking about finishing the lock plate which reinforced one of my ideas (probably heard it from him about how to do it that way before).

So moving the rounded cut out on the left side of the lock plate back towards the butt to match the intersection between octagon and tail of the tang is how he was working his stock which is what I will do.

Back