• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Information please

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The top one is a Connecticut Valley Arms Hawken,...iirc..., (aka CVA), and the bottom one is a CVA Pistol. And you saved more than $400 with your purchase.

Since these are not antiques, I will move this over to the Percussion Rifle section.

LD
loyalist dave i believe your are mistaken the hawken had only 1 wedge this i believe is a later production mountain rifle made in spain

It is Spanish. The two screw cap box and round ramrod thimbles were from a later model CVA Mountain rifle made in Spain. Fantastic buy. I have a US made MR with over 7000 rounds (70+ pounds of Goex) fired through it I built in 1978. I have an unfired factory built also bought over 35 years ago for $125 in case I wore out the barrel of the kit gun. There has been no need, as even with all those rounds, it can stii shoot a ragged one hole group at 50y. These are great shooters. Deer Creek has parts and is a great outfit to deal with.

I use 70g 3f Goex, .490 round ball, .016-.018 ticking and bear grease for lube. CCI or Winchester brand of caps, either regular or magnum, seems to make no difference. My rifle shoots to the same point of impact with 80g 2f Goex, but 3f fouls less and is cheaper to shoot. Work up a good load, clean it well and often, and it will perform well the rest of your lifetime and maybe your grandkid's too.

It is Spanish. The two screw cap box and round ramrod thimbles were from a later model CVA Mountain rifle made in Spain. Fantastic buy. I have a US made MR with over 7000 rounds (70+ pounds of Goex) fired through it I built in 1978. I have an unfired factory built also bought over 35 years ago for $125 in case I wore out the barrel of the kit gun. There has been no need, as even with all those rounds, it can stii shoot a ragged one hole group at 50y. These are great shooters. Deer Creek has parts and is a great outfit to deal with.

I use 70g 3f Goex, .490 round ball, .016-.018 ticking and bear grease for lube. CCI or Winchester brand of caps, either regular or magnum, seems to make no difference. My rifle shoots to the same point of impact with 80g 2f Goex, but 3f fouls less and is cheaper to shoot. Work up a good load, clean it well and often, and it will perform well the rest of your lifetime and maybe your grandkid's too.
Do you know the value of these? Thank you

Another possible origination is a parts/kit gun from Deer Creek Products. I bought a mtn rifle kit from them in the 90's that had a US made barrel and a curly maple stock and CVA parts. Made up into a nice rifle.

If I had both and wanted to sell them on the classifieds here I would list the rifle for $450 and the pistol for $250 provided the bores are good and everything works i.e. locks, set triggers etc.

If I had both and wanted to sell them on the classifieds here I would list the rifle for $450 and the pistol for $250 provided the bores are good and everything works i.e. locks, set triggers etc.
Everything is clean and works fine but the rifle is missing the front sight and the pistol the rear sight. Thank you.

Do you know the value of these? Thank you
value is in the eye of the beholder for a accurate idea of market value look at the sold listings for your specific model and then average them out. the responses here are not a true assessment of what a gun is worth on the market, it's only worth what 2 people are willing to pay hard cash for it on a given day

value is in the eye of the beholder for a accurate idea of market value look at the sold listings for your specific model and then average them out. the responses here are not a true assessment of what a gun is worth on the market, it's only worth what 2 people are willing to pay hard cash for it on a given day
Thank you

Yes Sir, value is in the eye of the seller and buyer, gunbroker prices are what dealers want to rape a buyer for the firearm not what the current value is in the BP community!

Dated 1976

Attachments

• 20230714_114849.jpg
    20230714_114849.jpg
    968.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230714_114845.jpg
    20230714_114845.jpg
    1,005.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230714_114751.jpg
    20230714_114751.jpg
    959.9 KB · Views: 0
Back