• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Ideal 58 Caliber Mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgraham1

40 Cal
Reaction score
Ideal 575213 510 grain for 58 cal musket. $95 shipped.

Check or MO only and no trades. Contact me with questions and thanks for looking.

Jerry

Ideal.jpg

This is the older Ideal mold, before Lyman purchased the company.

Jerry
I'm aware of that. This mold number comes in 2 types; the old style and modern style, per their catalog. I Have an Ideal New Style, so I know they made the old style also. It should have OS Stamped on the mold if it is os.

I'm aware of that. This mold number comes in 2 types; the old style and modern style, per their catalog. I Have an Ideal New Style, so I know they made the old style also. It should have OS Stamped on the mold if it is os.

It has no OS, but how do they mark the OS on molds made before the new designed molds were made?

Jerry

It has no OS, but how do they mark the OS on molds made before the new designed molds were made?

Jerry
That's a great question. I have both, the OS has a thicker skirt, but before they came out with the New, I'm guessing they weren't marked other than 575213. They made and still make, both styles.

Back