• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I.D. .58 Minie Mould

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince N

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a Lyman minie mould No.57733 that I can not find any info.for. Any info. would be apprieciated.
Would this be a good minie to use in a .577 Enfield,if so, any recomended loads.Thanks for the input.

Lyman cast bullet handbook lists a 57730 that is a 570gr (#2 alloy) round nose minie. The book i have don't list a 57733.

All 3 oh my Lyman books are dum, they dont got nuthin on what yer after only the 57730.

:thumbsup:

Lehigh County, propa longarms.

I have a Lyman minie mould No.57733 that I can not find any info.for. Any info. would be apprieciated.
Would this be a good minie to use in a .577 Enfield,if so, any recomended loads.Thanks for the input.

I got an email off to Lyman reguarding the mold in question, as soon as I get an answer, I'll post it...

Wonder how they know it is obsolete ?. They must have some Obsolete info on it then...LOL

Woody

Wonder how they know it is obsolete ?. They must have some Obsolete info on it then...LOL

Woody

I would suspect that when they discontinued it, they just threw away all information on it...

That's poor judgement on their part if that's the case, the molds are still out there, so some reference should be kept about it, you would think so...

Back