• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from East Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neo297

32 Cal.
Reaction score
New to the forum and to BP/muzzleloading. I am 45 y/o married for 25 years with 3 sons ages 20,18 & 17. I have been an avid gun lover for all my life have had mostly pistols,not much of a hunter but love to shoot. Currently we have 3 mosin nagant rifles a 1945 m44carbine, 1932 hex reciever 91/30, and 1942 original sniper. These are fun cheap guns to shoot and easy to clean/work on and the ammo is still available and affordable.I have a patient who has introduced me to the world of bp/muzzleloading and my oldest son and I are hooked. I just traded my ruger .45 auto for a cva .50 cal hawken style rifle 28" barrel no markings for me to tell what model it is or year.It had a clean bore and stock the triggers needed cleaning and oiling and the stock needed relief to allow hammer to fall smoothly but theses were easy fixes.I also got a pietta .44 remmington 1858 army clone cap and ball pistol. Both guns shoot well and now I am in the process of obtaining all the affiliated supplies and equiptment needed to start making smoke.Luckily we have been introduced to this through The Dallas Muzzleloaders Club who have their own range near us which gives us the ability to socialize, shoot and jamboree in our own back yard. :thumbsup:

Awesome!! You probably aren't far from Waxahachie, TX! I am hoping to make it out to the DMC shoot this weekend.

welcome to the forum and to BP...its a highly addictive substance I assure you.

Will definitely see you there- may have met you already. My son Matt and I have been out to the last few monthly shoots to get our required events in to be able to join. We have been with Gerry McCray at his table. We have been lucky to have had offers for Matt to shoot Gerry's .54 renegade mostly but last month he had a "loaner" from another member. On our first shoot a couple of months ago, his first ever foray into BP, he took a third place ribbon for one of the 3 rifle targets! Thanks for the welcome Preacher.

We went to the Frozen Foot rendezvous but work has kept us away from the monthly shoots...but I hope to make this one!

We went one day to frozen foot. We were easy to spot as we were not in period dress,it was our very first time out and we had nothing period to wear. We obtained permission to be allowed to wander with Mr Mcray and met stringbean and others. We followed a few archers around the bow course and it peaked our interest enough to keep coming back to the monthly shoots. Will be looking to meet you on Sunday if you make it down. We now have our two guns but no ball, powder, caps etc.- yet.

Back