• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hornady .440's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Just can't beat winning an auction that delivers 20 new boxes of Hornady .440's to my front porch for $5.50/box!
:grin:

Hey Bill congrat on them 2 10 pointers
I had to change my screen name and get a new e mail address to get babk on the forum( lonewolf5347)
also a great deal on them RB's
Rick :thumbsup:

Lonewolf, did TC get you all straightened out with the new style Flintlock hammer?

Bill: yep I have the new hammer for the renegade flinter.I have to get the girl name over in t/c from you I would like send the other old style I have back maybe I can get a spare for my flinters?Hate to ask tim again
I had the renegade out the other day also with the new flints 3/4 x 7/8 shot excellent with 95 grains of 3f wad,patch RB 230 grain ,just one clover leaf group at the 50 yard target.
I was out hunting in n.y.s. on Saturday and Sunday only seen a few does I let walk.
Hey: have a great hoilday :thumbsup:

lonewolfrocky said:
Bill: yep I have the new hammer for the renegade flinter.I have to get the girl name over in t/c from you I would like send the other old style I have back maybe I can get a spare for my flinters?Hate to ask tim again.
'Jeanette' - Customer Service

I had the renegade out the other day also with the new flints 3/4 x 7/8 shot excellent with 95 grains of 3f wad, patch RB 230 grain ,just one clover leaf group at the 50 yard target.

Thanks for believing...full power loads shooting cloverleafs...doesn't get much better than that...and the lock was as fast as lightning!

:thumbsup:

Roundball I have a TC 50,I had to go to LOG CABIN SHOP thursday to get some Goex so I asked them about the new hammer and touchhole liner for my flinter.These guys are TC warranty people.Heres what they told me about the hammer,all TC did was make it uglier, they liked the old one better. I said what about the liner,they said only think different the new one used a allen wrench,the old one had a slot. These guys largest Black powder shop in Ohio. Powder was 15.00 a can. When up 5.00 Since 2000. Dilly

What I found with the newer style hammer you can shoot the flints bevel down and still get a high scrape on the frizzen compared to setting the flints bevel up.
I myself see not much of a difference in style wise they almost look the same to me .I myself see a big difference with the new liners compared to the old ones,seem the liner hole is larger and a greater inside cone.I think RB can give you a little better details on t.c. upgrade

Boar-dilly said:
Roundball I have a TC 50,I had to go to LOG CABIN SHOP thursday to get some Goex so I asked them about the new hammer and touchhole liner for my flinter.These guys are TC warranty people.Heres what they told me about the hammer,all TC did was make it uglier, they liked the old one better. I said what about the liner,they said only think different the new one used a allen wrench,the old one had a slot. These guys largest Black powder shop in Ohio. Powder was 15.00 a can. When up 5.00 Since 2000. Dilly

Well, I'm sorry but they're wrong...don't know if they simply don't know better of if they had an agenda for what they wanted to sell instead.

And I'm not giving opinions here, I'm stating personal hands on facts from experience and results of shooting them practically every weekend going on 4 years now.

The redesigned lock has a significantly taller hammer with a different angle of attack;

The redesigned vent liner now only has a .030" thick wall between the inside and the outside instead of that long tunnel;

It also now has a huge, large .075" vent hole instead of the tiny one at the end of the long tunnel;

And the "reason" it has a hex wrench design is intentional...it uses the "hex well" as an outside funnel effect...the edges of the hex well are even beveled at about 45* to maximize the funnel effect;

They are exceptionally fast liners...when I load powder, I can see the kernels of powder sitting right there in that large hole, waiting for the flame pulse.

With their redesigned lock, vent liner, Goex, and black english flints, ignition is instantaneous...it's like shooting a .30-30.

OLD STYLE LOCK...note how low the lower jaw is, just barely clearing the top of the fence.

1387427TCFlintLockOLDHAMMERFRIZZEN-RightSide.jpg

NEW STYLE LOCK...note how much taller the hammer is with the lower jaw way up higher, above the fence; Also note the huge hole in the new style vent liner;

15308545CLOSEUPLockArea800.JPG

Roundball Thanks for reply. I believe your right. This guys have been in the busines probably 40 yrs as their dad started it. There in it for the money,a little pricely. If they were going to range they wouldn't pick up a TC to shoot, it would be a high dollar custom. Mine TC shoot good and if it gives me trouble I will send it to Tim Thanks Dilly

Back