• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Horn Strap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makanaut

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Just purchased a woven strap for my F&I period horn. It has six braided strands on either end and Im wondering if there is a preferred method for attaching it to the horn. Not sure if I should use a couple of the middle strands or all somehow. The
way you all attach them or any methods you have would be interesting to hear and most helpful.

Jamest

I'm far from an expert but for the woven strap on my F&I period horn I took two of the center braids and put them through the small holes on the big end of the horn and tied them, and for the small end I tied the two center braids around the horn and let the other braids just kinda dangle. It looks good that way.
Just my thoughts, others may have better ways.

I tied the three pairs of strands (my strap has six strands on each end too) in square knots through the butt staple. The forward strands weren't long enough to go around the horn, so I tied them through/under the strap that goes around the neck and holds my powder measure and plug. Probably doesn't show well in the photo.

Greg

PowderhornwithFiberWoodArtstrap.jpg

Back