• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

home made peep sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fast and quick dirty way is to turn your tang screw sideways and glue in a small washer, to get real trick glue cardboard to that and poke a hole thru it. It works and works good! fred :hatsoff:

I made these for my T/C Hawken. Top one has a thumb wheel with 5 detents. Used a 40 tpi so every full turn is .025" in elevation, or divided by 5 detents is .005" per click. I designed this one for hunting so it has no windage adjustment.
Secone one is a traditional vernier tang sight. Used a 5-40 thread on the elevation screw. WIndage is accomplished by loosening the threaded eye piece and sliding it sideways. I'm not very happy with that method of adjustment and will be making a threaded windage adjustment one of these days.
RearPeep.jpg

RearVernier.jpg

Sights.jpg

Latest posts

Back