• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hiya from Ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all..I been reading your site for a while..figured I'd join. I love the BP rifle and I love the history that comes with it! I am looking to redo my CVA Kentucky rifle...the way it would have been done back in the day. I own a Thompson Center 50 cal. Hawkens and a CVA Kentucky 45 cal. I enjoy going to turkey shoots and competing.I love the whole idea of being a "Mountain Man" My wife says I was born about 250 yrs too late..lol
I am an avid Deer and squirrel hunter...both of which I hunt with my smokepoles. Anyhow, I am glad I found this site!

welcome aboard s. kenton, always glad to have another buckeye. make smoke and be safe. WK1

Pleased to meet you Simon. Are you close to Dayton? If so, I'd be glad to have you shoot with Poplar Creek ML Club.

Simon,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you
on board. Like Walrus said,Buckeyes always
welcomed here.What part of Ohio do you hail from.
Hope you will visit and contribute often.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Welcome!! If you like mm stuff and haven't been there, you should IMHO the mountain man museum in Pinedale, Wyo. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum! With your interest in things black powder/hunting/history you fit right in here.

Welcome. You'll find a weath of knowledgeable folks here/ So have a seat, fill yer tin cup as the coffees jest finished boiling.

Welcome to the MLF! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp with a lifetime of experience to share. I would have loved drifting from mountian range to mountian range 250 years ago.

Welcome! You've hit the Mother Lode of BP info! I think all of us were born at least a hundred years too late, some more than others...

Simon,
Oh,I know about Wapakoneta. I was on a security detail there for Neil Armstrong years
ago with the OSP. Wapa to me means a lot more than
Concord,Oh.The home of Mr Glenn.
My daughter is married to and has been for
27 years to a guy from Wapa.Outside of the Neil
Armstrong time,only other time I was there was
to fish Lake St Marys.Great walleye,crappie and
muskie water.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back