• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahil925

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi you all,
I'm Anthony from far west Texas (Alpine currently). I've shot firearms all my life, but have never touched a muzzleloader. Right now I'm finding myself kinda lean on cash but with alot of spare time, so I decided to look into making my own ML. Fair warning, I'm not much of a traditionalist, so I'll probably make some of you weep if I ever do get around to finishing my projects. Being as I'm also an apartment dweller right now, thus limited in what tools I can use, it may be a looooong while before I catch anyone's ire.

Hopefully, once I've learned enough to confident in it, I might just attempt to put together an old fashioned smokepole.

Until then, I'll content myself bugging you all with silly questions and contemplating my planned underhammer abomination.

Welcome to the forums , Nothing wrong with an underhammer. Just don,t have a big following like the traditional sidelocks. Check at the gun counter in True Value and they can put you in touch with a few other folks that build and/or shoot traditional guns . :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum this is the best place to be for information on building muzzleloaders

I just recetly built an underhammer, I bought parts from different places and made a replica of a H&A Buggy Rifle. If I can be of any help, let me know. :hatsoff:

Welcome! Glad you joined the forum. Good luck with your current project.

Back