• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hey from Alaska

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldwater

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Thanks for joining me up with your fine outfit! I learned quite a bit reading the forums here. I have a CVA Frontier Hunter in .54 caliber. It's a cannon to me, I really like it. I haven't hunted with it yet, but I'm getting pretty good at knocking over chunks of split firewood at about 70yds!

Hey! Welcome.

I'm across Kizhuyak from you in the big city. There's a notable muzzleloader there in Port Lions with you, though I don't recall seeing him here on the forum.

Sounds like you're doing pretty good with that cannon. .54 is a popular caliber on here.

You're up there in Big Bear country! I spent 3 weeks in AK this past July but, unfortunately, didn't make it to your area.

Welcome to the Camp.

Yep a guy here builds front loaders from scratch not kits. I'll ask if he's a member of this forum. Might be able to get him to post some photos of his work

Ron is one of the premier builders in the country, even if he hasn't built a lot lately. I have a Hawken built by him long ago when he was at Green River Rifle Works, and it's a sight to behold. I've been saving a while and have quite a ways to go, but a custom build by him is at the top of my wish list.

Welcome from Maine come early stay late and enjoy "Google Earthed" Port Lions Alaska,,, doesn't look to crowded !!!!

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup: I envy where you live. Hope to get up there sometime to hunt Brown Bear.

Back