• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help ID this pistol ( with pics )

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john12865

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Don't know what make this is. No markings on the gun,not even a serial number. I've done many searches trying to find a picture of this pistol and can not find one like it.
I found this pistol at a barn sale and bought it for $20.00. It was in a box of assorted junk. It was missing the clean out screw. I replaced it with an allen style screw which was metric.
The bore is.44. It appears to be an older percussion kit gun. I suspect Jukar or CVA.
Bore is in nice shape. The nipple is not metric. When I replaced the nipple it was a 10/28 American.
I have shot blank loads of 30 grains of Goex with a tin foil ball just to see how dependable it was and found that it shot twenty out of twenty shots with no ignition issues. It appears to be dependable. Trigger pull is acceptable.
The lock plate and hammer are engraved. The barrel is not pinned. It has a nice worn old gun look to it that I really like.

[url] http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e298/john128652001/unidentified pistol[/url]/

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't look like a Jukar or CVA from Spain. I would guess its Italian made maybe Armi-Sport.

Don

If it is Italian, Spanish or Belgian it would have proof marks on the barrel.

The lock does not look like the typical Spanish ones.

I'm not sure whether the Japanese mark proof marks on the barrel or not.

Whatever it is, it is worth more than the $20 you spent.

No proof marks on it. I didn't think of that. Your right,if was of European manufacture there should be.
I wonder if at one time someone may have made it from spare parts.
I have a .45 caliber rifle that someone did make from spare parts. I call it the Frankenstein gun. That would explain why the nipple thread on the pistol is American but the bolster clean out screw is metric.
Does anyone know what year they started stamping all the black powder warnings and manure on the barrels.

Appears to be a home craftsman's build. Inlaying looks good. I would assume the parts were picked up from different sources which would be typical for a gun of this type. Nothing wrong with it that shipping to me wouldn't resolve. Good find

Back