• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from WA State

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rising Sight

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I'll just start out by saying that I don't even own a muzzle loading firarm yet. A friend of mine and myself have been seriously considering moving from centerfire rifles to muzzle loading.

I'm just trying to read up on this as much as possible at the moment and hopefully get some input from experienced muzzle loaders before I take the plunge.

I just wanted to write this post to say hello for now.

Rising sight...
Welcome! myself and my friend are also converts..from about a year back but I have had about 30 years exp of and on.
This is a move you will not forget!
lots to learn here, no dumb questions exist so ask away. almost all here have been in your shoes...so blast away!,

where in wash is your camp?
I'm sw of pdxabout 30 miles.

Brett

Hi, welcome aboard! Brett is right that it's a move you'll never forget. I started about 30 years ago when I was but a lad. I still remember my first muzzleloader shot like it was yesterday and I've been a hopeless addict ever since. Ask around, get some ideas, and you'll go into it better prepared to enjoy yourself and become a hopeless addict like the rest of us. :)

Hey there

Ditto for what Brett said!

Go to the nearest dealer and try them out for size.
Unless you have your heart set on a flintlock, I would start out with a percussion as flintlocks can be trickier for a beginner, which may be a little discouraging.

Other than that, there are many experienced shooters here who are always quick to help a beginner out....sure helped me on many occasions

take care

Iain

Rising Sight,
Welcome to the MLF, glad to have you
with us. Lots of great folks and information
here to help with your journey into the past.
You got questions, ask away. Hope you will visit often and contribute when you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Rising Sight

Welcome from Yakima County, WA .
This is by far the best place to learn .
I have been building,shooting and hunting with muzzleloaders for 35 yrs. and learn something new every time I come on the sight . Sure wish I had of had a place like this to get information when I started .
Flintlocks and real Blackpowder.
Slenk

Welcome to MLF. I can vouch for the good information, lively discussions, and an occasional tall tale. bramble

My mom and aunt live west of you in Prosser.Me and my wife used to live in benton city.You got some good fishin in the columbia river up there.Welcome to the forum.

Rising sight, a very good friend of mine lives in kenniwick and is a manager of a local stores sporting goods dept and is a very knowledgable muzzleloader, im sure he would be more than happy to meet with you and give you fellas a few tips and pointers, send me an email at; [email protected], put black powder in the topic heading and Ill send you back his email addy, beav

Latest posts

Back