• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from the Daniel Boone National Forest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello from the Daniel Boone National Forest.
This is my first time on the forum.
I just retired and moved from Ohio.
I purchased 68.56 acres with a three bedroom log cabin and a 1/4 acre pond on the edge of the Daniel Boone Forest,(Southeastern Kentucky).Im about 3 to 5 miles east of the Wilderness road.
Ive been here about a month now.
I enjoy flintlocks,caplocks,black powder revolvers,archery ( traditional long bows ), and I just started trapping.
82 Airborne.

Welcome 82nd Airborne. Sounds like you got yourself a nice plot of land.

Welcome to the Bluegrass mate! - A little out of your way but, if you grow tired of all of the in-line hunters tromping around the woods in your parts during the up-coming late MZ season, check out the Pioneer Weapons WMA near Cave Run Lake - no in-lines, no scopes, sidelock only. It is tough hunting but enjoyable to share a good size hunk of hunting land with like minded sportsmen.

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for serving your country. Hope life is easy for you at the new location. God Bless.

Welcome 82Airborne! Your intro really took me back. I grew up in Ohio myself, just north of Dayton, and used to spend a lot of time down in Dan'l Boone National Forest. Red River Gorge, particularly. I always loved working with a pal to get up onto "The Moon" for a night of camping. (We were stupid kids. Who else would tie a tent off onto nothing in order to sleep on a rock way up there where the winds really could blow you away?) And my favorite time of year for camping was winter!

The DB Forest is also where I learned to rappel, and I used to always bring a rocklock with me. Man, that takes me back!

Now I'm down here in the Steamy and very flat South. Those are great memories, though, and you've stirred a few of 'em up. Thanks.

And welcome! (Great group here. You're gonna love 'em.)

Wecome to the forum. I just signed on today, but had to say HI to a fellow paratrooper. It's been many years since I wore an 82nd patch on my shoulder but I can remember like yesterday. Take care and best of luck to your in you retirement.

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome.
I look forward to being on this site, asking questions and gathering information.
Thanks again.
82 Airborne

Thanks Bigbore. It does seem like a dream.
There is something about being in the same forest that Daniel Boone and Simon Kenton were once in.
I would like to go on but I know I am not suppose to get into discussion in the welcome center.

Welcome to the boards! Sounds like you have a great setup in a beautiful area, best of luck to you.

Latest posts

Back