• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from South Carolina

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulis7

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and see if there are others from South Carolina here.

I enjoy traditional sidelock Hawken style rifles most, but have an inline Knight 50-cal. Nothing wrong with the Eastern Long Rifles though, just havent had the funding or opportunity to get one "yet".

Anyway, looking forward to reading the board and maybe adding a post or two.

Regulis7

Welcome here from Kansas. I use a hawkins my self. I also use a trapper 50 cal pistol and 12 ga muzzle loader double barrel shot gun.

Howdy, welcome to the forum. I use an old side lock Lyman Plains Rifle that I built back in 1976. Put a new Green Mountain barrel on it last year and am in the process of putting in a new L&R RPL lock right now. With that Green Mountain barrel it can shoot better than I can hold and I'm sure the new lock will improve the ignition time and misfires that I have occasionally. I want to shorten the stock about an inch to a 13 inch draw and bring the weight more in balance across my body. At any rate, glad to see new blood and new thoughts and experiences here. The more ideas we have the more we can improve our sport and passion. Take care, Rick.

I spent 4 years at Sumpter S.C. when I was in the Air Force...
Shaw Air Force Base...

That's where I shot my first Ruger Cap-and-ball...

Welcome to the forum.

hey welcome to the forum . great bunch of folks here. i am in the process of geting out of cwsa. so can spend more time in the flinter area . got one more parker-hale to sale then going to get me a fowler or northwest gun of some kind there is no end to this hobbie i have 12 guns and still want more he he,. traded for a 50 cal tc hawken today don,t need it but it was so clean just could not pass it up owell someone will want a good deer gun one of thise days, i wish it was a flint. have a nice day.jim in iowa

Latest posts

Back