• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Pennsylvania

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to all. I'm a new kid on the block. I have owned and enjoyed using Black Powder firearms since 1971. Looking forward to bantering with all my Bretheren here. Keep yer powder dry and yer flint sharp!....Bps :grin:

Welcome to MLF! Glad to see another fellow Pennsylvanian! Pittsburgh area here, what part of the state do you hail from? :hatsoff:

ahoy! And welcome NEPA (Scranton area-ish) here, where doya call home?

Welcome to the MLF! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here on the site. Pull up a stump and share a tale or two with us all.

Hello again to all of my fellow frontstuffers...I am Bradford County Pa. born and bred. I have made the pilgrimage to Dixon's in Kempton a number of times. Several times a year when my son was going to College in Kutztown and a few times since. A visit there really puts you in awe of some of the beautifull firearms our ancestors made with just hand tools and very rudimentary machines. Maybe that's why I've always loved muzzleloading...it keeps you connected to your roots.....Bps

Waugh!...if you've been shooting black since '71, you're no new kid on the block! Welcome! Pull up a chair and tell us what you've learned!

Well...I guess I meant new kid on this block, meaning this forum. As far as what I've learned, I probably don't know any more than most of you frontstuffers but if I can I will try to add some helpfull info from time to time. I was introduced to muzzleoading by a friend when I was a Sophomore in High school. He had moved to our area from Hazleton and was the only kid I knew that was into Black powder firearms. He had a .58 Zouave and a replica Berdan rifle and I was just mesmerized by them! That Xmas (1971) my Parents gave me me my first BP rifle...a T/C .50 Hawken percussion that I still shoot today along with a host of others. I bought my first Flintlock, a T/C .45 when I was 18 and I shot my first ML deer with that gun. I currently own 14 muzzleloaders from .32 to .58cal and although I have never built one from "scratch" I have built a few kit guns. I have made some of my own accessories...possibles bags, powder horns, starters, patchcutters, lubes, etc. I really enjoy shooting and hunting with the muzzleloaders and my Mrs. has a few of her own and hunts with me as well....Bps

Welcome to the Muzzleloading Forum, Barry! Greetings from here in the Lehigh Valley. I usually get up to Bradford Co. (Mosherville) to hunt... this year I will during the late flintlock season... beautiful country up there!

Small world! Mosherville is about 7 miles from me. Yes we are blessed with some nice country, at least for now. Things are going to look quite different in the very near future with all of the Gas drilling going on...Bps

Latest posts

Back