• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Nelson NZ

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - taken too long for me to join - I've been shooting Muzzleloaders for over 50 years; Mostly percussion but do have 44Cal Maurice Taylor made 1570's Dutch style Matchlock; 1763 Charleville; 40Cal Bucks County Flinter; .40cal Bedford County - a collaboration with Maurice and myself(mostly Maurice). My 'knock-about' gun is an extensively modified CVA 45 Kentucky ( L&R RPL etc). There's a few more too of course including 3 original pieces.
I've shot MLAIC Champs 3 times and Friendship (NMLRA) twice.
Like to make my own gear - just started a 58Cal Leman with a Tony Hawkins barrel - got the required parts from Pecatonica.
That's a start - looking forward to joining in!! - Bucks Co.
Hello from Hokitika Sth Westland 👍😎

Hi - taken too long for me to join - I've been shooting Muzzleloaders for over 50 years; Mostly percussion but do have 44Cal Maurice Taylor made 1570's Dutch style Matchlock; 1763 Charleville; 40Cal Bucks County Flinter; .40cal Bedford County - a collaboration with Maurice and myself(mostly Maurice). My 'knock-about' gun is an extensively modified CVA 45 Kentucky ( L&R RPL etc). There's a few more too of course including 3 original pieces.
I've shot MLAIC Champs 3 times and Friendship (NMLRA) twice.
Like to make my own gear - just started a 58Cal Leman with a Tony Hawkins barrel - got the required parts from Pecatonica.
That's a start - looking forward to joining in!! - Bucks Co.
Welcome . Marlborough has our round ball championship on the 19th November. I hope to see you there. Cheers Dunc

Thanks for all the welcomes - made a start on the 58 - so far the barrel is in and the lock nearly so. Pecatonica sent a lovely piece of Maple. Looking forward to continuing the build. Off to Blenheim in Marlborough on Sunday to shoot their annual 'Round Ball Trophy' - hopefully take Rudyard along with me

Shot the Marlborough Round Ball Trophy - managed to Top Score shooting my .40Cal Bedford County - nudging out 'DuncNZ' and 'Rudyard' . Next year I'd better stay true to my name and try and defend the trophy with my Flint Bucks County - also 40 cal.
A great day out on their lovely range and the weather obliged and the usual Wairau Valley Breeze was kind.

Back