• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Indy.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1862TOWER

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings from Indianapolis, I have been playing with muzzleloaders for nearly 30 years and it is by far my favorite form of shooting. I am currently working on the preservation of a confederate enfield that was recently passed on to me by a family member. My great great grandfather who served with the 18th Iowa came into possession of it at the battle of Jenkins Ferry. While it is not a shooter it is still a piece that I am most proud to own. Looking forward to spending alot of time here! J.W.REESE

There are a few active members in the Indy area on this forum. Welcome aboard!! :thumbsup:

Greetings and welcome. Are you looking for a unit to join by chance? If so there are a few in the area. So have a seat, fill yer tin cup as the coffee's jest finished boiling and join in when you've the chance.

Welcome J.W.! Please keep us informed as to your progress on your restoration. Photos are always nice...

Hello Charcoal, I have not visited either place, yes the J is for John, the W for Washington. J.W.REESE

Hello and welcome... :hatsoff:. You have come to the right place. I was born not to far from you in Franklin, In. I think it's in Johnson county. We left there when I was 4, so I don't have much of a memory of the place, however i did see it and the hospital I was born in, back in 2004. The hospital still looks the same as it does on my birth certificate... :shocked2:

Ok JW, I'm thinking now the guy's name might have been Roose. Been a long time, but I think he was from Lagrange,IN.

Back