• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Friendship Indiana

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

My name is Harold Coleman, and I am the new Manager of Operations for the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association.
I am new to muzzle loading, but considering my new position I need to get "educated" quickly. That is why I am here.
I like shooting and have no preference for what I shoot; I like pistols, rifles, and shotguns. If I had to pick my favorite today, it would be cannon.
I have little practical experience, but I am ready to learn. The great part is that the NMLRA has all manner of muzzle loaders that I can use. Don't worry, I am not going off "half-cocked" we have a great group of instructors that I can rely upon to get me the appropriate training.

I look forward to scouring the site to see what gems of information I can find.

Howdy from North Texas and welcome to the forum. I was born and bred on the Muddy Red!

I've never made it to Friendship, it's on my to-do list. My mentor went numerous times in the 70s and 80s, shooting rifles and Trap.

I look forward to your contributions here. Kind of "From the Horses Mouth".
Eterry

Welcome aboard!, Now, what is that first traditional ML going to be? (Five bucks says 9/10 answers here will be a Kibler!)

Welcome aboard!, Now, what is that first traditional ML going to be? (Five bucks says 9/10 answers here will be a Kibler!)
Ok, I can say that mine will not be a Kibler. Mainly because both upcoming build classes here are full.
For the time being, I will be trying as many of the muzzle loaders we have here, just to see what I like. I am fortunate to have access to the wide variety of muzzle loaders owned by the association.
I have a Connecticut Valley Arms Double Barrel 12ga in my office that I want to shoot, then there is the Remington New Model Army.
I am intrigued by the bench gun on our safe, so I may end up trying it as well.

Please tell us a bit more of your background and duties. Muzzle loading's much more than a "hobby" to many of us.
Certainly.
I was an engineer for many years. My education is in architecture, but my experience was in civil and mechanical with a focus on construction supervision.
I spent the last twenty years in manufacturing, marketing and business development. My duties with the association are to oversee all aspects of the day to day activities, and be the liaison between the board of directors and staff.

Hello Harold,
Welcome to the forum, you can be very entertained on this forum. You can read a variety of information here, some of it is even true!
I have been a member of the NMLRA for over 50 years. It has been a tremendous experience and thoroughly enjoy Friendship.
I wish you the best of luck in your new position.
Barry

Welcome from South West Ohio. I am a life member of the NMLRA. I go to Friendship for the June and September matches. My wife and I camp, travel trailer, I shop, and I shoot. We look forward to it. We have camped and I have competed there for 12 years. The people who run the day to day operation have ALL been very helpful and friendly to me. The last few years they have made many improvements in the grounds. The museum is well cared for. The woodswalk is better than it has ever been. The people who run the primitive range are always friendly when I go back there to shoot a few matches. The shotgun range has been completely upgraded. The silhouette range has been expanded and improved. New restroom under construction. New roof on the barn. If a person likes to shoot muzzleloaders they have many things there you will enjoy.
I stay out of the politics. I don't like to hear people who haven't been there in years complain about the orginization.

Ok, I can say that mine will not be a Kibler. Mainly because both upcoming build classes here are full.
For the time being, I will be trying as many of the muzzle loaders we have here, just to see what I like. I am fortunate to have access to the wide variety of muzzle loaders owned by the association.
I have a Connecticut Valley Arms Double Barrel 12ga in my office that I want to shoot, then there is the Remington New Model Army.
I am intrigued by the bench gun on our safe, so I may end up trying it as well.
Cool! and that is what you should do...shoot a variety, and see what tickles your fancy. Have fun!

Back