• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from California from an Oregon Boy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimpert

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just checking in...new to the group...in the service and currently stationed in the Los Angeles area. I do most of my hunting in Oregon (where my wife's family lives) and Alaska (where I have been stationed twice). Have some marginal blackpowder experience and just jumped into the flinter world with both feet. I have an Allen Martin Lehigh flinter "in the mail" to me currently. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will put them up.

Hunt safe and shoot straight!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, sir, I thank you for your service, and welcome you to our camp!

When I was stationed in the Los Angeles area back in the 70's, smog was so bad at times you couldn't see across th' street. Can't immagine it's getting any better- but it'll be great training for black powder! I used to immagine what it was like on some of the battlefields of the 18th and 19th centuries; have to take my hat off to those guys.

Fergit the "fog of war", I was lost just wandering around Camp Pendleton!

Dan

it sure does...10 moves in 19 years...tend to forget where you are...almost done though...will be time to retire in the next few years and settle down in Oregon..

Amazingly, the smog is much better...the liberal politics...well, lets just day the Californians are a pretty interesting bunch of folks...beautiful state...weird politics

Welcome to the MLF Michael and thank you for your service to our great country! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp so pull up a stump and join us at the fire.

:hatsoff: :thumbsup: Welcome to the MLF.Thank you for your service for us.Good luck and enjoy your new flinter.Griz

Hi Michael, welcome! Thanks for your years of service, that's a big sacrifice. I'm sure you will enjoy your flinter and you can pick up all the pointers on shooting/cleaning you need right here. Please do post pictures when you are able.

Welcome brother in arms. You will find a wealth of knowledgeable folks here to help you down the right trail with yer flinter. So have a seat, fill yer tin cup as the coffees jest finished boiling.

Back