• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Arkansas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to the forum but not new to blackpowder. I'm looking forward to learning some new stuff and finding out more guns I can't live without. The big catalyst for joining was looking for info on paper cartridges.

Paper cartridges were used before metallic cartridges became the norm and were made of paper that contained the bullet, gunpowder, and sometimes even a primer or lubricant. They were commonly used in the 17th-19th centuries and were a popular choice.
There are still people who enjoy making their own paper cartridges using modern materials like hair curling paper, toilet paper, and glue stick. There are even kits available that provide everything you need to get started.

Welcome from New York State's Central-Leatherstocking region.

I hunt with a 0.662"(16 bore) smoothbore and paper non-combustable cartridges. Definately recommend you follow that star.

Attachments

• DSCN0119.jpeg
    DSCN0119.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Back