• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello All from Michigan

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolina cowboy

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I am a newbie to both this forum and Black powder shooting as well....I am in the process of commissioning both a flintlock rifle and a pistol in 45 caliber so I can start enjoying the black powder discipline at my home club as well as other clubs nearby :thumbsup: . I currently shoot cowboy action :hatsoff: and have been around guns my entire life...including the military.....I had a percussion rifle (Dixie Gun Works) way back in the late 60’s and loved it, but I want to get into Flintlocks now, for some reason those guns seem to just draw me to them :wink: ...I am left handed and will buy my guns with the Lock On the Correct (Left) side :blah: .....I will have a million questions as I know NOTHING about this sport, but have been wanting to get into it for awhile now, just had to wait until I paid off all my cowboy guns.........can someone direct me to some books that will help me with the equipment I will need to become a black powder shooter and maybe attend a few rendezvous....thanks ahead of time :hatsoff: ......

New old guy from Michigan

Welcome from another Michigander!

Where in the state are you at?

Thanks,

Foster From Flint

:hatsoff: Howdy and welcome to the site.This is a great place to start.I'm sure you'll find all you need to know about BP here.Great bunch of informative guys here.Griz

Hi UP
I live in Livonia, work in Plymouth, just getting my feet wet in this Black stuff, where you from? and thanks for the welcome

and thanks to all for the big welcome, I have been lurking in the shadows for a bit, reading others questions and such, it has been an education already, but has opened up a lot of questions :confused: , I will post on the forum to introduce myself and with my questions

Welcome to the MLF Danial Boone! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp with a lifetime of experience to share. Black powder is very addicting and once your infected your can never get it out of your system. Join us at the fire and you will discover that its more than a sport, its a lifestyle.

Welcome to the forum. My first suggestion to you is to read through the archives to find out what to expect, how-to-do-it, etc. so you will have a basic knowledge of your soon-to-be favorite guns!

Welcome, DB!
I'm not a flint guy myself; more of a pistolero, I guess, but I can tell you this: some of the most knowledgeable rock lock gurus in the world are hangin' out here and have more BP knowledge than the Library of Congress. Not only that, but most of 'em are nice folks and will answer about any question you toss their way.
I would suggest you make a beeline for the flint section and start asking questions!

Welcome to this group of diseased folks. May we never get over the sickness of black powder. Look up Multi lakes which is in commerce twp. They have rondys in summer, and have a woods walk this Sat. for rifle or smoothies. Good group of guys. Look up also the Michigan Muzzle loading Assoc. you will find there a list of most of the BP shoots and camp.outs in Mich.

hi there. I am a newby and can say I have already had questions I had answered. nice bunch of people.

Latest posts

Back