• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD REDUCED Hawken .54 cap lock kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machino

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have a .54 Hawken half stock cap lock I purchased as a kit. I have put a little bit of time into it, but honestly I put it down and don't want to pick it back up. Curious if this interests anyone here. It has a 1" barrel. Dovetail sights are cut. Breech plug and underlugs are installed. Grade IV stock 80-100% curl. This kit takes a little more skill than the normal CVA style kit. I paid over 1000 for this kit. i could do 650 TYD. Thanks

Dean

Last edited:
Good to know about the pics. Sorry. Not a CVA. Got it from Jedediah. Green Mountain Barrel. L&R Lock

Attachments

• IMG_7116.jpeg
    IMG_7116.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7117.jpeg
    IMG_7117.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7118.jpeg
    IMG_7118.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7119.jpeg
    IMG_7119.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7120.jpeg
    IMG_7120.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Stupid question, does it come with any kind of instructions? I’ve never assembled a kit but if I were to, this would scratch my itch.

It does not come with any instructions, thought the assembly process is similar to other muzzleloaders with pinning parts and fitting pieces. I did some of the big steps in machining the trigger assembly to the tang. I feel like the fit on the parts so far is pretty darn good. There is the nose cap of the forearm to install, installing the ramrod rib and pipes. It'll be a cool gun for sure. The striping in the stock is consistent and thin

I have about 250 roundball to throw in too

Attachments

• IMG_7128.jpeg
    IMG_7128.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7129.jpeg
    IMG_7129.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Reduced the price. This kit was 1000 and have the receipt. Some of the major drilling and tapping is done. This gun need to go to a good home!

Don't forget the note with username and date in the pic with the item for sale. I know someone will come along and ask you to do that per the rules.

Would be a fun kit! Looks like a lot of sanding of the stock and filing the metal parts to fit. What is the twist rate on the barrel?

Don't forget the note with username and date in the pic with the item for sale. I know someone will come along and ask you to do that per the rules.

Would be a fun kit! Looks like a lot of sanding of the stock and filing the metal parts to fit. What is the twist rate on the barrel?
Maybe all his pics are not showing on your screen but he does have that info on the last of the first set of pics

I'm in Missoula.

Barrel has a 1:60 twist. I don't think I can go any lower in price. It's a sweet kit and has some of the headaches taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back