• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Guns International - Scam Secure?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There have been a few threads lately concerning scammers.
It just so happens I'm very close to making a deal via Guns International on an unmentionable.

While Gunbroker has buyer/seller feedback features Guns International does not. Guns Int does have a 'Verified Seller' status that appears on a seller's profile on the site which means that seller has successfully passed whatever vetting process Guns International uses. My seller does have this status.

In my case the seller's contact info/location/phone number all seem legit using a variety of google searches. Google searches for the supplied pictures do not show up in other internet ads. A fairly length email thread with the seller has not resulted in red flags.

Has anyone had bad experiences purchasing through Guns International?

Thanks

Quite a few purchases, all have been through brick and mortar stores who also sell online on there. In that case it was easy to research the store, and proceed accordingly. Was able to use a credit card in most cases, adding a bit of security. If an individual seller, it adds some risk, but sounds like you have checked them out pretty good. Good luck.

Quite a few purchases, all have been through brick and mortar stores who also sell online on there. In that case it was easy to research the store, and proceed accordingly. Was able to use a credit card in most cases, adding a bit of security. If an individual seller, it adds some risk, but sounds like you have checked them out pretty good. Good luck.
For the first time I tried googling the supplied pics to see if they had been pirated from a legitimate ad. The only hits I got were from this seller's ad. At first I couldn't find that option when right-clicking on the pic. I typically use Firefox - but when I tried Chrome instead the option was then available.

"Talking on the phone" is not any increase in security of a transaction.

A proper swindler will simply use a "burner phone" bought at a grocery store or Wally World, and connect that to their seller account. You talk to the person, the person lies their backside off to you, you send the money, and you get nothing.

Heck I've seen instances where the scammer did a poor job of protecting his true identity and simply didn't care if he went to jail or not, was known by name to the living history community, and still he kept up his activities until finally enough folks knew who he was, and thwarted his efforts,... and then he resorted to petty crime and was caught for that, convicted, and jailed.

LD

"Talking on the phone" is not any increase in security of a transaction.

A proper swindler will simply use a "burner phone" bought at a grocery store or Wally World, and connect that to their seller account. You talk to the person, the person lies their backside off to you, you send the money, and you get nothing.

Heck I've seen instances where the scammer did a poor job of protecting his true identity and simply didn't care if he went to jail or not, was known by name to the living history community, and still he kept up his activities until finally enough folks knew who he was, and thwarted his efforts,... and then he resorted to petty crime and was caught for that, convicted, and jailed.

LD
I agree a phone call doesn't by itself make the difference. Just trying to touch all the bases.

A proper swindler will simply use a "burner phone"

I got thinking about this. Did some sleuthing and confirmed the phone is a landline.

Still collecting data as they say.........

I happen to like GI for another reason. I find it a great place to research, especially since it's not an auction site for a read on what a person is asking for a firearm and the condition and photos. It is always buyer beware but I would purchase on there. I listed one item and they do have a good sellers vetting as before I could list it I got an evening phone call to check me out.

As many as I’ve purchased. I have never purchased an any on-line, It seems out west we have quite a few gun shows. Some like the Reno show, you need 2 days at least to see everything. The large smokeless dealers often have our guns including Damascus that they usually have no use for, unless they’re a fancy grade. Last time got a Parker and a LC Smith both Damascus doubles in very good shootable condition $300 and $400.
Doc,

My unmentionable arrived on time yesterday. It has not yet been shot, it's a "unique" caliber and I didn't want to buy any expensive supplies before seeing it. That having been said, I lucked out and everything appears to be as advertised.

Whew, now I can get some sleep.....

I bought from Guns International once a couple years ago.
Basically its a place for people or businesses to list items. In my case it was a antique and auction house in the state of Kentucky. Did all my research on the business and they were quite legit and I contacted them directly and made the purchase. No issues. I would be quite reluctant to buy cold from a private party though.
In fact the only place I have ever bought anything from a random “stranger“ is here!

EDIT: Just noticed the date on this thread. Popped up as New in my feed.

Latest posts

Back