• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gunners Mate Drinkwater reporting aboard, Sir.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings from The Republic of Vermont (est. 1777), home of Robert's Rangers, Ethan Allen, and USS Eagle.
Been fooling around with black powder since 1966, but on my own, as I'm not much of a joiner. Back in the 60s and 70s muzzle loading shoots were a real blast, but then life got complicated and other "priorities" seduced my attention until I retired a few years ago. Currently building a .45 flintlock longrifle to go with my assortment of Hawken style T/Cs and CVAs and the hybrid 1873 Springfield/Numrich Instant Muzzleloader mongrel that started it all. Glad to be aboard, Sir, where do I hang my hammock?

USN HT-2 welcomes you aboard Gunnery's mate Drinkwater.
In the interest of full disclosure, the "gunners mate" was merely in jest. If I used my actual rate (TraDevman), you squids would all be going "Huh?". That rate was abolished 36 years ago, 14 years after I got out. We were the "Toy Doctors" who kept all manner of training devices, from movie projectors to flight simulator/weapon system trainers, to PLAT cameras, to submarine escape tanks, working, and our customers happy. When our gear went walkabout on us, and training schedules got held up, we quickly became "Turd Dunkers" in the local vernacular. And the gear would always choose 1600 on Friday to go walkabout on a party weekend. My F4 Phantom radar trainer was especially reliable in that regard.

Welcome from New York State's Central-Leatherstocking region. Established in 1624 by the Dutch. ;-). (At least the lower part of it up to the Eastern shores of the Susquehanna River).

Of course the Haudenosaunee have a valid argument that it had been "established" much earlier.

Last edited:
Welcome. I was a GMG3, spent 3 years and 5 months on the USS Detroit AOE4, the last couple of years (or there abouts) I was the ships armourer. Back then we still had Thompsons and BARs though we also had M14s and M60s too, 1911s, some pump shotguns (I don’t remember the make/model) and a bunch of shotline guns which we, of course, used for UNREPs.

I hope you enjoy your time here, I know that I have.

Back