• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gun from Civil War found in trash can at Gettysburg Walmart

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Journalists" fathom very little. News stories only report the general, sensationalist nature of happenings. After a career in energy related engineering I claim a better than average understanding of its issues. I am appalled at the ignorance and disinformation spewed about. Aviation related press is even worse. Being charitable, I suppose the unrelenting deadline pressure of the 24 hour news cycle prevents "journalists" from picking up the phone to consult somebody familiar with issues.
The pressure and pay seem to make so called journalists into novelists. poor ones at that. Anyone with net access is now an instant journalist. If the intent is to make you disbelieve EVERYTHING you read -- its working.

Stores throw out a lot of stuff that can’t be returned to manufacturer . There is a reason people dumpster dive .

This is fantastic article, author is pure "genius" (clearly needs medical attention). Promise not to laugh too much when you read it......

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2024/...can-at-gettysburg-walmart.html?outputType=amp

They are trying to determine if the 1851 Pietta replica is original....why are they talking about a 1858?

I bet it’s the original Pietta replica that General Grant carried at Gettysburg.

Nah, Peter Pietta only made a limited run on the 1858s and most of them were scooped up by John Brown & Co, although the then Colonel R.E Lee and Major Thomas Jackson at the Harpers Ferry firefight could have pocketed a couple; knowing that there would be a Josie Wales movie being made sometime in the future. Come to think of it Mary Chestnut (yeah that ol chestnut again) sounded just might too cocky on Ken Burns doco "The Civil War" so she could have got one as well.

They are trying to determine if the 1851 Pietta replica is original....why are they talking about a 1858?

I bet it’s the original Pietta replica that General Grant carried at Gettysburg.
Grant carried a Uberti at Gettysburg. You’re thinking of Valley Forge, he definitely had a Pietta at Valley Forge.

Police in Gettysburg said they discovered a Pietta 😳 1851 Confederate Navy revolver after being called to the Walmart located at 1270 York Rd. in Adams County, Straban Township, at 5:14 p.m. Tuesday.

Police did not say whether they authenticated the gun or whether it could be a replica. 😳😳😳

Like the original, this replica 1858 Navy Pistol utilizes a brass mainframe and trigger guard, as the South had a limited supply of steel during the Civil War. 😵‍💫😵‍💫

Wow a Pietta from the ACW and one that started as a 51 Colt and magically morphed into a 58 Remington!! So much as for verification and authentication of what was being covered by this clown reporter. 🤡🤡😂😂

The best I have done was I found an old rusted up frozen Red Ryder BB gun at the local car wash one day. I left it in the trash can where I found it. This is Texas and nobody cares here.

Grant carried a Uberti at Gettysburg. You’re thinking of Valley Forge, he definitely had a Pietta at Valley Forge.
And while they were starving, no shoes or winter clothing, or alcohol, the real problem was a shortage of caps.
So Grant changed the gun locks to flinters in cahoots with Sam Colt who delayed production of his pistols until he could corner the market on caps.
Sam Colt then sold his pistol patent to brothers Gusseppi Uberti & Petro (Peter) Pietta. Same mother different fathers hence the name difference.
Sam then conspired with Frank Trump (Don’s ancestor) to keep cap supplies low and cost high.
Hence reason we still have a cap shortage. You can blame Trump. How you think he became a billionaire? You thought real estate?
All those ‘documents’ you thought the FBI confiscated from Marlago. Those were caps in the boxes. And now the FBI is in possession of the largest hoard of caps in the world, stored in a vault in China.
Nostradamus predicted this.
JFC, don’t you guys read any history books?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back