• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gun Auction Photos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john s mosby

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Went to a gun auction today and thought I'd post some pictures of a few of the nicest guns.

The first one is a Colt 1860 Army Revolver inscribed on the back strap to "Gen. I.A.Ames USA" who received the Medal Of Honor for gallantry at the Battle of Bull Run. He commanded the 20th Maine at that battle. After the war he opened a bank in Northfield, Mn. And we know who robbed that bank, the James Gang. It brought $16,000.
117599629.jpg

The next one is a brass barreled flintlock blunderbuss marked "Gil & Knubley Charing Cross London". It sold for $1,600.
117599669.jpg

The next 3 photos are just some of the other nice things sold.
117599650.jpg

117599660.jpg

117599619.jpg

I didn't get a photo of it but a Winchester M1866 Lever Action Rifle carried by the outlaw Bill Doolin when he was killed by Deputy U.S.Marshal Heck Thomas and his posse during a night time shootout in August, 1896 went for $50,000. The Marshal gave Dollin both barrels of his shotgun killing him with 21 buckshot.

Most of the powder horns went for $300 to $600. There were 3 racks of long rifles, they went from $3,000 up to $18,500.
I got a bit long in this post, hope that's okay.

I'm afread everything went over my budget. I did bid on a nice carved powder horn but I quit bidding at $175, it ended up going for $375. Oh well, it was fun to get to see so many nice original guns.

Thanks for the great pic's, nice to see there are nice guns still available.
:thumbsup:

TheGunCellar

Looks like that auction would have been a good place for an average working man to have a good cry! :(

You got that right. I guess if you have lots of money some good deals were there. For this retired guy it's look only. It was a fun day though getting to look at and even hold some expensive guns.

Back