• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Columbus, Ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weirdjack

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been out of the hobby awhile. Shot my old DGW Tennessee flinter on January 2nd for the first time in 22 years or so. At least it fired first time, even if I still can't hit squat. I had forgotten how much fun flintlocks are.
Now to recreate all my gear that I've lost over the years and moves around the country and back. We used to do this "historical trekking" before it had a name. I've fond memories of many a night spent in a cave in Vinton county, or under a bark lean-to camp in Jackson county. I hope to make some new memories soon as well.
Good to see some communication forums around like this one. Sure does make getting back into things easier.
WJ

Welcome.(SNIP)We'll get you hittin somethin in no time. The art is timing the trigger just after the last wobble but before the flinch has occurred. ::

Well, that and not shooting in the rain! Especially with 2f in the pan!
I went out to the CMLGC range on the 2nd, it was raining but I shot anyway. Went out again Saturday and it was so damp that I didn't have to moisten the cleaning patches :)
Although, the woodchuck target was pretty "holey" by the time I packed up and went home, so I did hit something most of the time. Even managed a couple of centers.
Gonna make the journey up to Lodi this Friday to secure some 4F and a new valve for my priming horn. Now my ol' Charleville works fine 2f in the pan, but the Tennessee seems to have always preferred 4F.
WJ

Jack you better call the Log Cabin about that 4f. I was up there on New Years Eve and bought the last 4f can that they had. Hopefully they are stocked up now but I would call. Glad to see another Columbus person is on the forum.

Weird Jack,
welcome to the forum, always glad to see someone from columbus on the forum. hope to run into you at the CMLGC sometime.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup:

Back