• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Green Mountain Barrel Co Recall

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nit wit

.69 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Notice to owners of our Black Powder “Drop-In” barrels: There is a possibility that the nipple on your rifle is defective. Metric threaded nipples were inadvertently installed in some barrels instead of the proper ¼-28 threaded nipples. The serial number range in question if for percussion barrels # 030672-031352. Do not fire this rifle. Please contact us at 603-447-1095 and speak to Morgan to arrange return shipping. The barrels will be inspected and if found compliant, returned. If they are discrepant the breech plugs will need to be replaced, so bear with us as this may take a while to complete. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Nit Wit

@Frontier's , that's gotta be a new one,
The recall years ago was about a repair to the nipple threads made with an installed Helicoil.
I had one I sent back, took darn near 6mo to get the fix and return

https://www.gmriflebarrel.com/
Scroll to bottom of page.

1665879966728.png

The serial number range in question if for percussion barrels # 030672-031352.
@Frontier's , that's gotta be a new one,
The recall years ago was about a repair to the nipple threads made with an installed Helicoil.
I had one I sent back, took darn near 6mo to get the fix and return
I have three GM barrels in the same serial number range that were checked for the same issue maybe10-20 years by GM. This recall has been discussed for years.
1665881174174.jpeg

Last edited:
That's how I remembered it. They used metric threads and then fixed them with helicoil and had complaints about the helicoil not being acceptable.

I had one and found after many years of use the helicoil had somehow wound itself down and presented a loose end in the flash channel. They fixed it by re installing a new helicoil. I wanted them to replace the breech plug but they declined. I thiik the original fix should have been breech plug replacement in all the barrels but then there's that ole $$$$$ factor.

Back