• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Graf’s Powder Quality?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It seems Graf’s has a house blend of powder that apparantly was made by Goex for the past few years, before it was made in Germany. How is the quality of the Goex made stuff? Thanks all.
1B2E6AF5-B818-4DCB-9923-A511EBD5A875.jpeg

Standing by to read all the responses.
At my own level of shooting.? When it was Schuetzen it was good when it became Goex it was good. But I just punch paper with revolvers out to 25 yards and 50 yards with a couple of carbines.

It's GOEX at a better price.

A few years ago, Graf's & Sons powder was made by Wano Schwartzpulver in Germany..., then G&S switched to GOEX (and I think I got some of the last of the German version, just missing the switch) G&S may now go back to Wano Schwartzpulver or may go to Scheutzen for rebranded powder. Who knows.

LD

I have some and it's about the same as the standard Goex who makes it, but this is kinda' a moot thread because there won't be any in the near future.

Have used Graf's powder for 18 yrs. Found it good enough. Goes bang , ignites quick , puts balls on target , kills deer,squirrels very dead. Used grease lubes , found more liquid lubes to work better with all powders. Put your big guy pants on and just go shootin' w/ whatever black powder out there. It will be ok.

I’ve shot about 15# of it in my sharps rifle and it works fine. I dont shoot long range targets just informal steel shooting out to 300 yards. i Wonder if Grafs will work a deal with someone else now that goex is going away.

A few months ago I ordered several pounds of Graf's as it was about on par with the least expensive powders I found elsewhere. It's not all that easy comparing powders to one another; what criteria would one be testing? The cheapest powder that will work well in a flintlock suits me just fine. I'm not a match shooter, just a hunter/recreational shooter. It doesn't matter if the powder is better than all the rest or not; as long as I can afford it, it's the powder I will buy.

Sounds like it’s just fine shootin powder.

Arriving Fri.

Will bring me up to 22.5 lbs. I calculated how much I shoot and that’s a 3-4 year supply. If black powder is unobtainable by then I’ll be forced to leave the hobby and find a new one.

Latest posts

Back