• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

German caps?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gkainz

36 Cl.
Reaction score
What can you tell me about these? Picked them up in a miscellaneous box of stuff from a garage sale.

E9FD7ACC-1CFB-4928-B316-28B94F2134FF_1_105_c.jpeg

Can you post a picture of the caps themselves? It would be interesting to see them.

I remember as an adolescent buying BB and CB caps in tins that looked very similar, but larger, to the one in your picture. They came 250 to a tin, I think. That was a LONG time ago, however.

Thanks for the input! I got these a few years ago and put them on the shelf to research some day. I came across the photo on my phone and posted it up, without recalling what the content of the tin looked like. In response to the picture request, I found the tin again and opened it up to remember they're not typical caps (as pointed out by a few sharp individuals above). By the way, the price tag on the back side of the tin shows $1.29

Here they are, with a No. 11 along side for comparison.

Thanks!

IMG_2184.jpeg

These are German BB caps, and while nominally 6mm, I think you will find they work just fine in your .22RF arms.

PRD1 - mhb - MIke

What can you tell me about these? Picked them up in a miscellaneous box of stuff from a garage sale.

View attachment 268772
They used to be my go-to years back when I started muzzleloader shootin' in South Africa. Couldn't get anything US-made. In my experience Dynamit-Nobel products are very consistent. Last can of Dynamit caps I saw was in a plastic can, maybe 15 years back.
If them caps were stored right, I'd use 'em for money-shots.

They used to be my go-to years back when I started muzzleloader shootin' in South Africa. Couldn't get anything US-made. In my experience Dynamit-Nobel products are very consistent. Last can of Dynamit caps I saw was in a plastic can, maybe 15 years back.
If them caps were stored right, I'd use 'em for money-shots.
My bad. Shoulda read on, eh? Same outfit does make percussion caps, though.
Bad luck on them caps.

Thanks for the input! I got these a few years ago and put them on the shelf to research some day. I came across the photo on my phone and posted it up, without recalling what the content of the tin looked like. In response to the picture request, I found the tin again and opened it up to remember they're not typical caps (as pointed out by a few sharp individuals above). By the way, the price tag on the back side of the tin shows $1.29

Here they are, with a No. 11 along side for comparison.

Thanks!

View attachment 268874
gkainz:
The pointy ones we used to call CB caps. We used them for squirrels in a .22 rifle. I think shooting gallery owners used them in carnival gallery guns?
Just what I know.
God bless:
Two Feathers

No...."Rundkugel" means round ball, so they should not be fired in a blank gun! Like someone said.....BB caps.
on that package on that picture is writen
Flobert Blanks 6mm folded
belive me I´m German.

on that package on that picture is writen
Flobert Blanks 6mm folded
belive me I´m German.

The original post, by gkainz, shows a can of Dynamit Nobel BB caps, and is correctly labeled for such. A later post, by SDSmlf, shows a similar can of blanks, also properly labeled. But the original question was about the identification of the BB caps (Rundkugel) - which are also identified on the label in English as 'Bull. Breech Caps'. And 'Rundkugel', as Jaeger says, does mean 'roundball', which is correct for the BB cap load.

mhb - MIke

1700060327348.png

Found this on a image search. This is pretty much what the cans looked like, but they were a metal tin when I was comin' up, I'd almost swear that the labels were red and all in German but it's been a long while since'd I last seen one in the wild.

Yep, I also have one of those plastic cans that looks the same as above, except mine says Troisdorf instead of Furth, Germany.
I assume it's fairly new, as the plastic bottom is marked with the recycle symbol. I don't recall where I got it.
Greg

The original post, by gkainz, shows a can of Dynamit Nobel BB caps, and is correctly labeled for such. A later post, by SDSmlf, shows a similar can of blanks, also properly labeled. But the original question was about the identification of the BB caps (Rundkugel) - which are also identified on the label in English as 'Bull. Breech Caps'. And 'Rundkugel', as Jaeger says, does mean 'roundball', which is correct for the BB cap load.

mhb - MIke
My answer was for the quotet picture,

an Flobert is
Flobert2_Gewehre.jpg

a Zimmerstutzen is
ZiStu.jpg

both are no muzzleloader and the Zimmerstutzen is still popular in some areas of Germany.

the 6mm Flobert Blanks are for
Blank guns like
348.02.31-umarex-reck-messer-wagner-large.png

gec_6mmflobert.jpg

Back