• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Game (dove) bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZ-Robert

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Maybe it belongs in the hunting section, but I'll put it here...

I find myself in need of some sort of bag or pouch for carrying doves. My haversack will only hold four or so, so not big enough.

I'm looking for something with a little more gusset in it. I'm not up to making one myself... anyone know where I can find a canvas game bag with a strap that can be worn over the shoulder? Doesn't have to be perfectly PC, but fairly close would be nice.

You might outa try Jason Townsend and Sons. They have haversacks. Or Panther Primitives.

Something like this is what you really need;

granthanger0306051.jpg

That's a pic of one for sale at Old Dominion Forge. I'm not sure what it's made out of....it's for sale. 200 bucks.

I've seen others that were much cheaper, though not as nice. The clasp usually has a notch cut into the D shaped piece that snaps onto a round piece in the top. You squeeze the D a little and it unhooks.

I imagine that someone with a little ingenuity and some metal working skills could make one. I used to have detailed instructions on how to make them. It was in an issue of the Backwoodsman.

Back