• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fusil de chasse question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't 38 seem a bit short?
Would you have it swapped for a 42 which is what I ordered.
I'd send it back ... Its BS they sent the wrong length . Accidents happen an all but get what you want and asked for . Originals were 44" long ( approximately, their tolerances were pretty darn loose back then esp. with barrel lengths ) . Longer the barrel on these things the better performance your going to get . Also .... get what ever length barrel you want , 42" or whatever ... There is this beautiful original Fusil de chasse that I use for reference at times . It has a 39" barrel . Thats not its original length. They were shortened at times for various reasons . I'm a short $hit and hunt in brushy woods so I dont care for any barrel length over 42" . I just love a 40" barrel on my personal guns and it JUST fits under the roof of the local range where I sometimes shoot at competitions too . Found this out by accident . Any longer barrel and your beating the roof trusses with your ramrod while loading under there ! LOL ...those short half stocks have it made under there ! LOL ....best of luck. :)

Latest posts

Back