• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Found an old pic from 1977

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Cannon
Reaction score
Found this old pic from 1977, thought I would post.

Four deer we took one Saturday morning in Wyoming. Cindy our daughter took her first deer, (age 14) right between the eyes at 100 yards with a .54 muzzleloader. And it was the biggest deer of the day. Plastic visqueen on floor, our basement was starting to look like a slaughter house.

16.jpg

Nice pic TAN, thanks for sharing with us.

Bet you notmany folks can say they shot a deer between the eyes at that distance!!! :thumbsup:

rabbit03

Nice Picture Tans!,
I was taggin along with my ol'Man back in 77' but not luggin my own gun yet.I was 10.

Great pic, Tan. :bow:
The rifle in your hand.Did you still have it? :hmm:
Looks good. :bow:
'77, oh i was 15 and had my first night with a lovely swedish girl. :shocked2: :redface:
In a hammock.That was fun. :rotf:
:hatsoff:

TANSTAAFL said:
AKA a twinkle in Daddy's eye. :wink:

Yep. Indeed in daddys eye. :wink: :rotf: Momma figured one is enough. :haha: Heinrich was only 1 year old back then. :snore: :snore:

Great pic . It looks like you have been hunting with B.P. for a while, preaty cool. F.K.

Yep, daughter & son-in-law have it in Cody WY, he still shoots it regularly.

Was the first flinter I stuffed together, back in 1972 I think it was. It is a .45 with a 13/16" 42 inch Douglas bbl. Over the years it has taken it's share of deer & goats (antelope) and saw a lot of usage in general.

Enough about guns, now about that young Swedish girl,,,,,,,?? :wink:

TANSTAAFL said:
Enough about guns, now about that young Swedish girl,,,,,,,?? :wink:

Oh, it's nice when you have relatives in Sweden. :grin:
She had 3 sisters. The Fab Four.
OhneTitel-31Kopie.jpg

:hatsoff:

DAMN!

Well in 77 I had already started a family and was 20. And I didn't have any Swedish gals back then either. One from Denmark came to visit a couple of years ago :thumbsup:

rabbit03

I was 20 and married my first wife in 77. Never knew anyb girls from Sweden but did have a girl from Sao Paolo visit once...........well she was originally from Texas. :rotf:

Yes, 1977 was about the last good Deer hunting year for some time. If you recall the winter of 1978-79. It was a very bad one with winter kills beyond any thing since 1948.
That spring Antelope were piled up in fence corners and had to be burned. The deer kill was great, it was years in the Big Horns before the population came back. Some think that it never returned to the good hunting, like it was before the "Big Kill Off" of 78' :shake:

Yep, I remember that winter very well, t'war a bad one.

We lived in Alaska seven years, and when I tell people that I was more afraid of the weather in Wyoming than I ever was in Alaska, some not in the know doubt me.

What always spooked me was the ground blizzards. A cold bright day with snow on the ground, not a cloud in the sky, the wind would pick up, and in ten minutes, you could not see 20 feet. There is that old saying in Wyoming, the snow never melts, it just wears out from getting blown around.

I got transferred down to Wamsutter in the Red Desert country, that was the worse for winters, totally unreal at times. Once budgeted for operation's snow plowing & removal based on previous winters, ha, only went over budget about $250,000.00

TANSTAAFL,
1977!!!!
I was 32 and it was not the most pleasant time of my life. Still young enough to sew some oats, not old enough to realalize my mistakes. My third wife
streighted me out though.It took some doing on her part and mine but all is well, do mostly to her.She is quite a lady.If I do say so myself.
snake-eyes :)

Back